Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Things that make you go, "Fuck, I remember that!!!"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things that make you go, "Fuck, I remember that!!!"
Max
Sarge
Member # 2754

Rate Member

posted 09-11-2004 05:45 PM     Profile for Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In a similar vein to other roll call type threads, how about a thread that people can use to post specific memories of the olden days? Rather than spew forth a million memories per post, how about one per post and see how much nostalgia we can dig up! I'll start with the next post.

--------------------

(_*_)

Posts: 163 | From: Boston, MA, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
Max
Sarge
Member # 2754

Rate Member

posted 09-11-2004 05:46 PM     Profile for Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recall a discussion once about suicide and how someone in Hammer's family (his Mother I think?) had committed suicide and because of that, or in spite of that, he considered people who topped themselves to be weak.

--------------------

(_*_)

dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 09-11-2004 07:37 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd have to really think to remember specific posts but I remember Horka Thane.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wintermute
Sarge
Member # 1307

posted 09-11-2004 08:46 PM     Profile for Wintermute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who could forget Horka Thane. His posts were always interesting to read. Apparently, he's still out there posting here in there. ..found a link.
http://forums.thecpl.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000022

--------------------

Verdammt durch das Fleisch. Gerettet durch das Blut.

Posts: 519 | From: Qwghlm | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-11-2004 09:12 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good old Horka Thane/Cable

I remember the PC vs Mac debates with all of us vs Jakeman.

And any time Raver and Cy went at it, those were always good.

And Skyslash's interesting rants about a police officer pointing his (sky's) gun at him.

And BaloneyFlaps, who could forget his famous (at least in my mind) line: "I just ate blunt's snatch!"

[ 09-11-2004: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Max
Sarge
Member # 2754

Rate Member

posted 09-11-2004 10:28 PM     Profile for Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I do remember Horka Thane but I could not recall his handle. Korbandallas always raises a smile........it's always been at the back of my mind that he was a fake like Tea Bagger but I don't think anyone ever owned up to that one.

I think the post that started it "all" off was Cyborg's "Synaptic alignment". That post should be resurrected, printed and displayed in the Smithsonian!!!

--------------------

(_*_)

Max
Sarge
Member # 2754

Rate Member

posted 09-11-2004 10:40 PM     Profile for Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shit, I'm breaking my own "rule" my posting multiple time but I also recall someone, Raverboy?, suggesting that the dip in this forum's popularity was related to the new domain and, more importantly, the introduction of this to the forum headings...

:[

i.e. a sad smiley.

I miss working for CSC and having tons of spare time to post on forums.

--------------------

(_*_)

JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 09-11-2004 11:22 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How about that quake 2 wedding that really fucked up the board? I forget who was involved (The bride and Groom) but I thought I had my trusty blaster in hand, but ended up Big Fucking Gunnin' the whole group and royally messing everything up. That definitely kept the board interesting for at least half a month.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-12-2004 03:31 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wasn't it Cac and Steph, or something?

Things that I remember .. Hammertime and [r]ailgun

J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-12-2004 12:02 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have the Demo of Cac and Steph's wedding at HAMMERTOWN. LOL, I remember setting my alarm to get up early to make it to the wedding. I'll try to run it through FRAPS and make a movie of it. I'll post the demo when I stop getting the too many users error from my isp's FTP.

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 09-12-2004 06:35 PM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Max:
:[

Haha, I remember that. =D
I'm not sure it was me, though.

I mostly remember that annoying mod we played, with the grapple and the weird pickups.
I absolutely hated the mod and had like 300-400 ping, but still loved every minute of gibbing with you. =D

You could usually find me camping the megahealth on Q2DM1 with the red powerup and a rocketlauncher.

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-12-2004 09:10 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lithium 2?

That was a fun mod.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-12-2004 09:18 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Lithium rocked. You're crazy.
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 09-12-2004 10:34 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
all i ever played was lithium and instagib. (with a 250-300 ping).

AND KICK. kick fucking owned like hell.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 09-12-2004 11:23 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't ever forget when I fucked up everything and caused the exodus when I opened up the Lounge.
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-12-2004 11:52 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lithium was awesome but I hated that faggot hook.

[ 09-12-2004: Message edited by: mynameisxanthan ]

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cyrus
Sarge
Member # 344

Rate Member

posted 09-13-2004 01:15 AM     Profile for Cyrus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember playing kick at Hammers all the time. That was by far one of the best mods for Q2 that I have ever played.

--------------------

Shiny.

Posts: 205 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 09-13-2004 08:32 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was highly entertained with the episode where OICU812 was screwing Asmo's wife Brandy.
Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-13-2004 08:46 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
how about dna-bobafett and his ATi rants!

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Max
Sarge
Member # 2754

Rate Member

posted 09-13-2004 09:31 AM     Profile for Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MOD of the week like:

jaibreak
lithium
action
something about "Holy"
assassin
qpong

I liked the hook in lithium but only so I could hide somewhere "safe" to smoke a butt without getting my ass railed!

--------------------

(_*_)

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-13-2004 03:04 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember showing up at O's place on an odd mod thursday when he was running jailbreak and totally schooling him on it. He always seemed to enjoy getting his localhost ass handed to him by a cross-country 400-pinging modem user.

ah, the good old days... before it got all complicated with wives and girlfriends coming 'round these parts.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-13-2004 03:18 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tea Bagger:
I was highly entertained with the episode where OICU812 was screwing Asmo's wife Brandy.

I have that on DVD if you want a copy.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 09-13-2004 07:46 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Big O on top of Brandy with his Michelin Man quaking skin around his ankles.

Weee...Pop!

Remember the -=GaYRoGue=- Clan?

Remeber, -=RoGuEBiTcH=- in that bearded picture?

Remember [R]ailgun's Nazi signature?

Remember, HAMMER handing everyone at his LAN parties their asses? Man what a quake player he was eh?

Remember Neitzl? Talk about throwing down!

Remember Tea Bagger when he first arrived?

I could list many pages of this stuff...

All fond memories...even if it is a virtual type thing.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-13-2004 10:19 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where did Hammer live?
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-13-2004 10:23 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
st. louis

--------------------

signature

The Jakeman
Sarge
Member # 295

Rate Member

posted 09-14-2004 01:39 AM     Profile for The Jakeman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i remember fluff

--------------------

lamo mac boy

Posts: 800 | From: Modesto, California, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 09-14-2004 07:52 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Jakeman:
i remember fluff

You mean, you remember Tea Bagger's feminine side?

Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 09-14-2004 08:29 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am not ashamed of my feminine side.

I also like the episode where RaverFella & JoJo left the board for good. And all the sequels that followed...

Edited to add JoJo as a habitual malcontent.

[ 09-14-2004: Message edited by: Tea Bagger ]

Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 09-14-2004 09:26 AM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've left this board a couple of times. Don't know why though.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
smohq
Visor
Member # 3133

Rate Member

posted 09-14-2004 07:55 PM     Profile for smohq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember things...

--------------------

No left turn unstoned.

Posts: 16 | From: San Pedro, CA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-15-2004 01:36 AM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember when smohq finally registered and posted at q3arena.com

seems like just yesterday...

--------------------

signature

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-15-2004 01:55 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my god. . . I remember all of that. Even the part about smohq

--------------------

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

smohq
Visor
Member # 3133

Rate Member

posted 09-15-2004 06:12 PM     Profile for smohq   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good times, good times...

--------------------

No left turn unstoned.

Posts: 16 | From: San Pedro, CA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 09-16-2004 01:11 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I started posting here right when the [R]ailgun fun was starting up. After my 1st or 2nd post here, one of the 'old-timers' (can't remember exactly who) made a thread about 'those annoying newbies', and the two examples he gave were [R]ailgun and ME! Hehe, shoulda just left and never came back!
Flux
Sarge
Member # 3052

posted 09-16-2004 04:14 PM     Profile for Flux   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember when someone ripped off one of Zeramid's wallpapers and claimed it as their own at some wallpaper site.

Zeramid used scanlines in his PhotoShop stuff like it was going out of style....

[ 09-16-2004: Message edited by: Flux ]

--------------------

LordVader
Sarge
Member # 30

Rate Member

posted 09-16-2004 05:24 PM     Profile for LordVader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember when we were all posting desktops, and someone used "c/winnt/prog....whatever", and everyone that looked at the thread saw there own wallpaper. Everybody posted saying, "Hey! that's the wallpaper I use!!!"

I don't remember who did it, but that was a riot.

Posts: 400 | From: Temecula, CA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com