next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » The Tea Party

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Tea Party
Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 09-02-2004 11:45 AM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Havent heard the new CD yet but the single "the Writings on the Wall" rocks. Just heard that this will be their last CD with the current setup with Jeff Martin as the lead singer. Scott Stapp is supposedly joining the band for their next recording.

Interesting stuff indeed.

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Posts: 308 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-02-2004 11:47 AM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scott Stapp is an asshole.
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-02-2004 01:35 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awe man, Jeff Martin is leaving?

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 09-02-2004 03:32 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am sure that Scott Stapp has declared interest to continue his work with The Tea Party, as they have backed him on his first solo single. But for Scott to take up the lead vocals would be like David Coverdale working with Jimmy Page.

I do think that the band could do better with a different lead singer. Chris Cornell joining would have made The Tea Party rock gods. Generally, a bands today, don't have the enegry to inspire others only enough to attain a clone following, well, which is why Creed was formed.

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 09-02-2004 06:33 PM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AcidWarp:
Awe man, Jeff Martin is leaving?

BOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Not leaving, but moving to the back as just the guitarist and bg vocals

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Posts: 308 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 09-02-2004 06:48 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still. . . .

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

and I'm not saying Booo-Urns either.

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 09-02-2004 09:10 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tea Party was good 5 years ago. Now they are just another has been band that does an annual circuit tour because they can't hack it on their own. End of story.
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 09-03-2004 11:42 AM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Teaparty is OK....Scott Stapp sucks hard...they do not need a new singer IMO

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com