Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Saddam Hussein captured (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Saddam Hussein captured
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-14-2003 10:55 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
About time eh?

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 12-14-2003 01:27 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wow. I honestly thought he was dead.

What I heard on the teevee was that all he had on him was a pistol (how much you wanna bet it was a 1911 variant, too?) and he surrended without putting up a fight. Well, so much for his ostentatious promises of a blaze of glory.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
god
Sarge
Member # 52

Member Rated:

posted 12-14-2003 09:18 PM     Profile for god   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
he looks pretty different with his big ass beard. It's gonna be crazy when they turn him over to the Iraqie gov

--------------------

Hot Women Make Men Buy Beer
Ugly Women Make Men Drink Beer

Posts: 260 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 12-14-2003 10:51 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My democratic friend still thinks we accomplished nothing over there. I had fun hazing him for half an hour about recent and past events, and his opinion about Clinton being the best president ever.

And to think, Clinton attacked Kosovo. Damn Bush for attacking Iraq

I'm glad they caught that ass. You don't know if someone is dead or alive unless you have them, and it shows what some people will do to survive. We can rest a little assured in Iraq now.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-14-2003 11:54 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothing has been accomplished that shouldn't have been accomplised within the first couple weeks of the attacks. In the meantime, the WMD still have not been found. The war has still been unjustified (you cannot change justifications midstream just cause your leadership has been proven to be a bunch of idiots). The US is still alienating, ridiculing, ostricizing and punishing countries for executing their DIPLOMATIC rights and then wonders why they themselves are being seen as bad guys and bullies. And George Bush is still acting like a hipocrate in this war against terrorists (who are nothing more than religious fanatics). God Bless America, eh?

You can have your crusade and whatever. Sometimes being a fly on the wall shows what kinda shit walks on the floor.

Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 12-15-2003 12:38 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I visited a Free Masons hall this weekend with Ellen and my son to look at a train show. I snuck off for a few minutes, looked at all the history and art and soaked in a large amount of history. It got me thinking, where are peoples balls these days? They have no loyalty to the survival of their own culture. The WW2 generation is dropping like flies. They just don't make people the way they used to I guess.

There aren't many real Americans left anyhow. Real Americans are not afraid to do what is right even if it means they lose their jobs or lives. You may not agree with Bush but you can not argue that he is the definition of a true leader. He is risking his political future and life by doing what he feels is right. He is tough, and isn't going to take any shit from nobody. As for his ties to oil companies and other big players well, too fucking bad!!! There are real threats out there that need to be taken care of today.

Shut

up

snag!

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 01:07 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wasn't "HIM" supposed to be bin Laden? Has the US forgotten about him? Is he not the true threat? For Osama struck US soil, and it has never been proven that Saddam was even capable of it.

Considering that WMD was the primary mandate for war, you are still so blind. Guess you can't help it though. My only relief is that you consider yourself to be a real American and that your numbers are dwindling. I think our world would get a lot further with countries like Canada, Germany, France and Russia than they ever could with countries like the USA, Iraq and North Korea. But I suppose assholes beget assholes and there is no turning back now.

But like I said, I agreed that Saddam had to be dealt with, but the US and Britain LIED to their own people and the world on the reasons for war.

[ 12-15-2003: Message edited by: Snag ]

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 01:14 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never thought the two were connected but...
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/003/378fmxyz.asp

--------------------

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 01:23 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, I am gonna believe the US government about WMD, Saddam and Osama.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 03:25 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
naw, i vote for snag. we in the end, solved nothing except bush's mission. i myself thought thought that foo was dead too. and in my mind. . if he wasn't - shit let him run while he can. . . i already know there's no escape from the u.s. gov't. whosane- of course we all hate him and don't believe what he practiced (killin people, droppin chem bombs on his own, teamin up with ladin, . . yawdy yaw) was wrong - wickedly wrong .. but to HIS people, he was hella charismatic. the same to what some people regard . . BUsh as s hahaha.

bush is a fuckin joke. and i am for yah" clinton was way better>" bush is a fuckin papa's boy. he does what his old man woulda done but way way less efficient. i mean . . was capturing "whosane" some sorta x-mas present??

i do talk to a lotta foreign xchange students, and they all hate bush. they think our country is tight as hell when it comes to "kickin it and chillin" but when it comes to the perception of what the fuck is goin on, we don't know shit. and as much as we try to learn other cultures and absorb what's on the news and in the papers, we are alienated as phuc.

don't get me wrong, i'm all about nationality and doin what's best in favor of our country [mainly breaking the laws and gettin drunk . . while gettin' an education and making money (puttin into the society to help keep thangz goin)]. but what bush is doin is a whole "mtv" campaign.

shit . . u know what . . i pounded two bottles of wine tonight. its your fuckin turn!!

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 08:50 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saddam still says there are no WMDs The whole US army, sorry coalition force, is looking for WMDs in IRAQ but cannot find them, even though they can find an old man hiding in a hole in the ground.., and boom the thought accured to me maybe there are no WMDs?

Well anyhow, I'm glad Saddam is out of power forever and in the long run that will hopefuly calm things down a bit, god knows the region needs it, but the war was still ill-justified.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 01:54 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The WMD was a front to get in Iraq. He'd used them in the past and was still having research done on them.

And as far as us having an unjustified war..what's unjustified? The entire purpose of the war was to get the regime out. It's done now. You can cry to me all day and I'll just laugh back. Focusing on one point won't get you shit. Punishing countries..hm..what's our number now..two! Iraq and Afghanistan while Bush has been on office.

I didn't know we punished Afghanistan, seeing as how we liberated them from the Taliban. Don't try to tell me that the Taliban were religious fanatics or any of that crap.

Iraq? What'd we do for them? We took out an awful regime that was robbing the country of it's own money. We gave them back their freedom, hell, we're setting their country back up!

Damn, we're so evil. We should just stop our 'crusade' of ridding the world of filth and corruption since it's giving us such a bad rap. I know the Iraqis are pissed..that festive dancing and shooting their guns in the air really shows their hate for the US.

And yes, GOD BLESS AMERICA. You can stay in canada, eh.

edit --

it's not like he didn't have sufficient amounts of time to get rid of the WMDs if he did have any left. the black market would have bought those things up like there was no tomorrow. then he could have disposed of them. it's hard to tell, so you can't rule them out. the coalition not finding them doesn't mean they weren't there a week before invasion.

[ 12-15-2003: Message edited by: Acid ]

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 02:23 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hoax!

j/k

I'm glad they got the guy.

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 12-15-2003 03:41 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
grumpy = moron

Snag would be scared shitless if he knew what the CIA, senior Bush and son know. Of course they used the "threat of WMD" to get in there. That's how it's done you stupid pieces of Canadian garbage!

Maybe it's time to make Canada an oil field...sound like a plan?

Do a little studying of American history and you will be really impressed not with the icons, but with the silent ones who dedicated their lives to freedom. The world owes them more than it could ever repay.

Oil, money, wealth, corruption yes, but who is going to pay for the hyper-drive when Americans head out into space.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 03:49 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
We gave them back their freedom, hell, we're setting their country back up!

No. The international community is setting them back up. BOTH countries. Canada has the largest force in Afghanistan now. Where is the mighty US? Oh yeah...Iraq. A country which the international community was against the invasion of, yet responded to the American request for assitance in rebuilding (ie. money, resources etc.) only to then have the US bitchslap the countries that pledged money (Canada, France, Germany, Russia) by denying them a chance to bid on the jobs that they in fact pledged money towards the construction of in the firt place. You see WHY the international community is still pissed, resentful and suspicious?

BTW Acid, I have said it before and I will say it again: You are a naive little boy. The ends does not justify the means. You have a president who technically lost the election running amok finishing what daddy did not finish while their rich friends profit. Bush may have not lied about WMD. He may have sincerely believed it. Without those WMD the mandate for war has not fulfilled nor proven. That makes the war unjustified. To say otherwise proves ignorance.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 03:52 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
That's how it's done you stupid pieces of Canadian garbage!

Nice Cy. I leave personal attacks out of it and what do you do? I refer to your government and you refer to us personally. Mature. It makes you look real smart. You attitude in an INTERNATIONALLY viewed forum will help a lot of people be REAL compassionate to anything American.

As far as loyalty to ones cutlure...that is a dumb thing to say. Your country was FOUNDED on treason!! But you get around that by calling the traitors patriots

Further, if you believe that the US gov't is the sole funder and contributor to NASA and it's endeavours, I can laugh a little more at your expense

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 12-15-2003 04:15 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am an American, when you refer to any of this you are talking about me.

Have you guys figured out how to stop terrorists who live in your country from coming into ours to blow shit up yet? It would be much appreciated.

Regards,

An American

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 12-15-2003 04:25 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snag:

Further, if you believe that the US gov't is the sole funder and contributor to NASA and it's endeavours, I can laugh a little more at your expense

We will be the sole funder of ALL projects in the future when we cut you ungrateful morons loose. I do not agree with Bush 100% but I do like how he is starting to clean house of those who have deep hatred of us.

I don't hate you though, you do not have the capacity to understand what happened 400 years ago. You are a spoiled, PDA carrying child.

Cheers!

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 04:54 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
by denying them a chance to bid on the jobs that they in fact pledged money towards the construction of in the firt place.

Wrong. The 18 billion of American taxpayers dollars is open to only certain countries. And that restriction is only for the primary contracter. That primary contracter is allowed to subcontract out work to whomever they wish no matter what country the subcontracter is from. The money that comes from anywhere else is up for grabs, subject to any rules placed on that money by whoever contributes it.

If you're gonna go on one of those anti-Bush/anti-American rants, at least get your facts straight. Might actually give your posts more than a glance then.

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 05:36 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, you have more troops in Afghanistan. It's nice to see Canada has some force there now that the main workload is done. Makes you look high and mighty.

Bids in Iraq? Didn't your list of countries pissed off at the US all say they wouldn't take part in an invasion of Iraq? Oh yeah, so why should we let them have their way now? Sorry, the US isn't as weak as your paperwork bullshit is.

I may be naive, but I'm not misleading and weak in heart as you are. You can take your democratic bullshit and shove it right up your ass. You have no respect for anything that the US stands for. When Canada has the status of a world power and is attacked by terrorists resulting in SEVERE economic decline, you can make judgements. Until then, shut the fuck up about your stupid horse shit regarding countries not liking us because we get the job done that you pussies won't do.

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 08:11 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Acid, you are truly ignorant. Canada had soldier on the ground there since day 1!!! Remember, you have 2 pilots that were hopped up on speed being courtmartialed for killing four Canadian soldiers by bombing their training excercise. Further, a 5 Canadian snipers were given medals (from the American military I might add!!!)for setting a distance record in combat while fighting alongside American troops.

40, that is interesting. Canada has pledged $300million towards Iraq and $250million and 2,800 towards Afghanistan (currently the largest force still there!). $18billion of American tax dollars payment eh? Kind of a bold statement to make when your country is openly asking for international support. Pissing contest aside, you guys are takings on the personal note and in turn making it personal in reciprocation. I admit my government is a bunch of fucking morons. I do not take it personally. I admire the US republic style of government vs our lame British parliamentary system. But hey...some people feel a sense of loyalty that overpowers any shame, embarassment or logical reasoning I suppose.

For the record, I could care less if anyone takes more than a glance at my posts. But I bet you did not know that Canada pledged that money did you 40? Can you understand why I said what I did now? Didn't think so...cause you only glance you never read and since you never heard it on CNN it has to be wrong!

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 09:16 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and Acid earned himself a special post all to himself:

I believe in nothing the US stands for? Hmmm....that's right. I think nobody should be able to speak their mind or believe what they want. I believe you should not be able to own anything. I believe the persuit of happiness is just selfish bullshit that does not serve any purpose. I believe terrorists should rule the world cause innovations creativity peace and social harmony are wastes of time! What the fuck were you thinking when you said that? And do you honestly believe I believe in nothing the US stands for? Remember, a lot of the discord between our countries has emerged since the Liberals took power here.

I am not a liberal. Nor would I be a democrat. I in fact would almost be a Republican if I were American. As I do have a lot of hardline conservative in me. But I am not an ignorant prick so I couldn't be 100% Republican.

My one, my only personal attack in this whole thread. See, we have come a long way, haven't we?

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 12-15-2003 09:27 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
snagfellah~ Your signature has exceeded it's daily limit so you can shut up now.
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 12-15-2003 11:03 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hate me now! I'm special, and you know I love you.
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2003 12:55 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just think. It could be worse. Al Gore could be president. Now there's a scary thought.
And before anyone sing's praises about Gore and how he would have been better than Bush, unless you lived in the states and saw how he was as VP all those years, you might as well stay quite. And if you did live there and want to praise him, go hug a tree instead.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zippy
Sarge
Member # 3027

Rate Member

posted 12-16-2003 06:37 AM     Profile for Zippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't make us come back down there and do this again...Burning down the House
quote:
During the summer of 1814, American soldiers, greedy to extend the borders of the United States, began a series of raids in Canada. Raping and pillaging their way north, they burnt York, which is now Toronto, before being pushed back.

In response to this, on August 24, 1814, General Ross and his Red Coats, accompanied by Canadian militias, a contingent of Mohawk, and other Native Americans, completed their journey to Washington DC.

Their mission was to burn the Presidential Mansion to the ground in retaliation for the sacking of York. And they succeeded marvelously.

That white coat of paint on the White House?

It's there to cover the scorch marks. And it gives us a nice excuse for a sideways trip down history lane. In the 1830's Henry David Thoreau was writing about how the USA had long ago surrendered its moral imperative. This coat of paint, and the name change of the house at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, is symptomatic of what's wrong with the nation itself.

When the White House was first built, it was called the Presidential Mansion. And it was PINK, not white.

[ 12-16-2003: Message edited by: Zippy ]

--------------------

Posts: 94 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2003 07:39 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think muskets would do the trick this time.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2003 08:42 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blah Blah Blah.

Makes one yearn for the days of isolationism (if it were possible) again.

All I can say is this:

Irag had WMDs before, they used them. Hussien said he got rid of them and doesn't have any. He's quite a pillory of credibility by the way. We should all believe somebody who's going to go on trial for his life, for a history of murder and deceipt.

In light of this, WOULD YOU BET YOUR LIFE Iraq doesn't have WMDs or they haven't transferred them to another organization that might use them ??? WOULD YOU ????

Probably not ... so then don't bet my life or my Countrymen's

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2003 09:08 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent post, Mr. J
Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2003 02:58 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
But I bet you did not know that Canada pledged that money did you 40?

I sure did!

quote:
Can you understand why I said what I did now?

Nope!

quote:
Didn't think so...cause you only glance you never read and since you never heard it on CNN it has to be wrong!

Wow. That's right, CNN is god, didn't you know? Live and die by CNN, that's what I do!

Heh.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2003 03:28 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just took the time to read this entire thread and have come to the conclusion that not only is snag a skanky man-girl, he is an ignorant skanky man-girl who takes his involuntarily induced virginal-based frustrations out on his keyboard.

PS:

"I don't think muskets would do the trick this time."

LOL, dAm good one!

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2003 03:41 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha you guys are so entertaining. I could point out fact after fact and you keep spitting rhetoric.
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 12-16-2003 04:20 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL...I get a kick out of how Outrider and Jondster show up when a thread is hot and throw down impressive verbal beat downs.

You can't win snag, people are on to you. Your penis really does rule your world, wait a minute...so does mine...but my honker was made in the USA and has a governor on it.

4 a : an attachment to a machine (as a gasoline engine) for automatic control or limitation of speed b : a device giving automatic control (as of pressure or temperature)

Maybe you need one too eh?

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2003 05:36 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yep you are all right about me. I am a virgin. I talk through my penis. I have no idea about politics. I am not entitled to an opinion without having PERSONAL attacks brought upon me. I am sincerely sorry.

[ 12-16-2003: Message edited by: Snag ]

god
Sarge
Member # 52

Member Rated:

posted 12-16-2003 10:03 PM     Profile for god   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Woah......I find it quite disturbing how fast people jump on other peoples opinions. I can tell you right now noone on this board knows anywhere near the entire truth and I find it hard to think all you intelligent people believe the prop machine of any government on the planet.

CNN is full of bullshit to further the feeling of living in North america. You guys argue about freedom non stop and act like you are all patriots which we as a whole in the ww2 or previous expectations of a patriot we are not.

It's awesome how you all speak of freedom and choice(canadian and amercian alike)but when it comes to one of the most important principles of our lifestyles you call people ignorant and misinformed....

Althought i disagree with what you say I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it..........Let people believe what they want who gives a fuck? None of you could ever convince me that any of us could change the way north america runs and it has been long since gone the ideas of the common person heard

Enjoy the grammer,

Idiot son of an asshole.............Bush

It's great how a drunk driving coke head can be your figure head

Not much point bashing canadian gov cause everyone knows its sad. Atleast we have the person in power which the masses voted for.....Closer to real democracy instead of political shinnanigans

[ 12-16-2003: Message edited by: god ]

Posts: 260 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Headstone
Sarge
Member # 3014

Rate Member

posted 12-16-2003 10:37 PM     Profile for Headstone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It all boils down to Bushs hatred for Jean Cretien. Cretien didnt want to pledge troops or backing for the invasion of Iraq unless it had the full backing of the UN. Had the UN said go Canada would have been there. I honestly see nothing wrong with that, but I would have liked Troops sent in.

As to WMD. They were there and might still be there. Best guess is they were moved to Jordan, Saudi Arabia, parts of Turkey and Iran shortly before the actions started.

As to the two governments...
Bush is really an idiot. Barely knows the names of the leaders of other countries, has had many occasions where he has lost track of were he was and what he was saying during his speaches. Cretien was just a self-serving moron preventing his government from doing anything. The jury is out on Paul Martin, but he in his first week has already pledged to upgrade military spending (finally).

--------------------

Yep it really is me.

Posts: 308 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zippy
Sarge
Member # 3027

Rate Member

posted 12-17-2003 12:25 AM     Profile for Zippy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bravo...

quote:
Althought i disagree with what you say I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it..........Let people believe what they want who gives a fuck? None of you could ever convince me that any of us could change the way north america runs and it has been long since gone the ideas of the common person heard

you are one smart cookie god.

jondster, you just might have a point there...

quote:
In light of this, WOULD YOU BET YOUR LIFE Iraq doesn't have WMDs or they haven't transferred them to another organization that might use them ??? WOULD YOU ????

Not I...

[ 12-17-2003: Message edited by: Zippy ]

[ 12-17-2003: Message edited by: Zippy ]

--------------------

Posts: 94 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 12:34 AM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
true dat god

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 08:01 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heh!

I was just messin with snag like I was in a previous post about how fellas insult each other. See, I really don't know if he is a man-girl or not. Sure, everybody has an opinion, like snag's "My only relief is that you consider yourself to be a real American and that your numbers are dwindling. I think our world would get a lot further with countries like Canada, Germany, France and Russia than they ever could with countries like the USA, Iraq and North Korea. But I suppose assholes beget assholes and there is no turning back now." but that is all it is.

20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 10:06 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110004435
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 11:22 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
outtiefella,

Will

you

marry

me?

Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 12-17-2003 11:29 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow 20 20 good find!

I have a very low attention span but that article really held me. So, true.

"We are being lied to and "spun," and not in a trivial way. The kind of dishonest vitriolic hate campaign that in 2000 was conducted only before black audiences is now being played on the national stage; and the national media, instead of holding the liars' and haters' feet to the fire (as they do when the liars and haters are Republicans or conservatives), are cooperating in building up a false image of a failing economy and a lost war, when the truth is more nearly the exact opposite."

I think all this Bush hate speach will eventually backfire as it should. I also hope that the "new" democratic" party can separate themselves from the media party.

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 02:04 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that's how the left works. slowly sidling into the mainstream with useful idiots planting the seeds of self-hate necessary to allow the fervors of belief necessary to overlook the irrational and often gaffing nature of their politic.

It makes me sad to see it happen on such a large scale with otherwise possibly intelligent people.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 02:37 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it was a good article. I agree with most of what he said. One thing I did notice him deliberately not mention was the jusitification for war. Which, I suppose is not necessarily an option for Americans; you are in a war (though war was not officially declared on anyone) so you must support your troops for fear of appearing to support the enemy.

In his statement "We have enemies that have earned our hatred, and whom we should fear" the question immediately came to my mind though that these terrorists earned the hatred of Americans (and the world for that matter) but what is it exactly has the US (and the western world) done to garner such a hatred as to topple the Towers and dedicate such resources, effort and the inherent hatred towards the murder of innocents?

Until that question is answered and understood, the world is only destined to see more terrorists replace those who are defeated.

[ 12-17-2003: Message edited by: Snag ]

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 03:13 PM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is some point to what you've said there. Me, like many Americans, watched the Twin Towers tumble and asked "what the fuck did WE do to deserve this ?". Having not walked a mile in the other fellows' sandals (or rode the mile on his damn camel - couldn't resist that one) I can still ask the question.

I'm sure there are many things my government has done that would or might offend the Middle Eastern Muslim sensibility, but I don't think they would add up to having to be equaled by the magnitude of that act. I have to believe that the Muslim Religion, at least as far as THEY see & teach it is as an equally contributing factor. If that is indeed the case, I see no other solution available short of genocide.

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 03:14 PM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
One thing I did notice him deliberately not mention was the jusitification for war.

The simplistic cry of "Where are the WMD's?" coming from the left as proof that this was an unjustified war basically ignores some simple facts, and appears, at least to me, to be nothing more than politically motivated rhetoric. The simple facts? He had WMD's. He used WMD's. He wouldn't come anywhere close to showing that he had gotten rid of all of them, in fact, quite the opposite, he did quite a lot to hinder the inspectors. Those simple facts point to a justified war. No WMD's found yet? Most likely reasons:

A) He had none.
B) He had them and destroyed them before the war.
C) He had them and moved them to another country before the war.
D) He had them and they just haven't been found yet.

An all cases, A through D, based upon the simple facts stated above that were known before the war, the war was justified.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 03:44 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
"Any resistance that depends on suicide bombers to destroy its target is a desperate and futile movement. Such a resistance hasn't succeeded in evicting Jews from Palestine or ending the misery of Palestinians. It has also failed to curtail the political authority of Jews over Palestinians. Those who still employ this method - covered by slogans of Jihad and promises of a place in heaven for the suicide bomber - wrongly believe it is an effective method.

"They are living in the past and they can see only the history of the United States. They think America is the same country that withdrew from regions where it incurred heavy casualties, such as Vietnam, Beirut in 1982, and Somalia. They refuse to see the recent history of the US in Yugoslavia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, and in the war to liberate Kuwait. Americans weren't fazed by suicide bombings. Trucks laden with deadly bombs and driven by suicide bombers failed to scare them. Instead, such attempts have steeled their resolve to accomplish their mission in Afghanistan, Iraq, and other places.

"Regrettably, some myopic Arab leaders can see only the negative side of the U.S. army's history. All their speeches are stale and full of lies and their people are sick and tired of their meaningless slogans. These leaders delude themselves trying to lead their people towards mass suicide. They are not aware history is changing and they don't realize any self-respecting military will learn from its past mistakes. The U.S. has chosen to take terrorism head on by launching a war on terror. Nobody, except these handful of Arab leaders, are surprised by America's resolve to fight terrorism.

"Saudi Arabia - which was earlier ambivalent towards terrorism - has been forced to join the war on terror. The tone of Saudi media has changed and they want to eliminate the dangers of international terrorism. They now proclaim terrorists violate the teachings of Islam. Kuwait and Egypt have also been fighting terrorism for a long time. The latest victim of terrorism is Turkey where a number of innocent civilians were killed… "This will only result in an international war on terrorism which will have legitimate reasons to continue till the fountainheads of terrorism are smashed. Those who lead revenge operations - for their defeats in Kabul and Baghdad - in the name of resistance are unwittingly strengthening the resolve of the United States to face and defeat terrorism. The United States is not going to quit. Instead, it will convert poles of Jihadi flags into arrows to pierce the hearts of terrorists - who ultimately will be consigned to the dustbin of history."

-November 23, 2003, Ahmad Al-Jarallah, the Editor-in-Chief of the Kuwaiti dailies Al-Siyassa and Arab Times

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 12-17-2003 04:31 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Resistance

Is

Futile

ALL

Will

Be

Assimilated

[ 12-17-2003: Message edited by: Cyborg6 ]

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 06:04 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know about the rest of you but I for one will resit.

--------------------

Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 12-17-2003 06:27 PM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
one can only stand for so long...

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com