Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Still no WMDs?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Still no WMDs?
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 06-03-2003 08:20 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Two months has past after the war. Nothing has been found, even though the evidence of WMDS in Iraq was so strong as to start a war.

How will this affect the credibility of George JR and he's administration?

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 06-03-2003 10:00 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WTLW

Iraq is old news, we're after Iran now. Get with the program, Lindi.

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 06-03-2003 06:52 PM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lindi: March 2003 called, they want their news back

--------------------

It's a crazy world. Someone oughta sell tickets.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 06-03-2003 09:26 PM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
-

[ 06-03-2003: Message edited by: Redlemons ]

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 06-03-2003 09:50 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha!

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 06-03-2003 11:11 PM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
seriously,

i dont really want to argue about it. i argued over at the other board. some people were for the effort and some were not.

imho i dont think that most people who were for the war really were worried about the WMD, but rather the way sadam treated his people.

in the end i think that one way or another they will find the WMD. its not like they are looking in an area the size of Florida.

--------------------

It's a crazy world. Someone oughta sell tickets.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 06-04-2003 01:25 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by outrider:
WTLW

Iraq is old news, we're after Iran now. Get with the program, Lindi.

Go ask any Iraqie citizen.

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 06-04-2003 01:28 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MadHatter:
seriously,

i dont really want to argue about it. i argued over at the other board. some people were for the effort and some were not.

imho i dont think that most people who were for the war really were worried about the WMD, but rather the way sadam treated his people.

in the end i think that one way or another they will find the WMD. its not like they are looking in an area the size of Florida.

Interesting that all of a sudden people were not worried about WMDs in Iraq, 'cause a while back that really seemed to be the case and was that not the main reason trumpeted for initiating the attacks in the firts place??? .., or was it oil??

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 06-04-2003 01:29 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and don't mind this thread I'm just bored our of my mind right now...
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-12-2003 07:12 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Liberals are now pretending that their position all along was that Saddam had secretly disarmed in the last few years without telling anyone. This would finally explain the devilish question of why Saddam thwarted inspectors every inch of the way for 12 years, issued phony reports to the U.N., and wouldn't allow flyovers or unannounced inspections: It was because he had nothing to hide!

But that wasn't liberals' position.

Liberals also have to pretend that the only justification for war given by the Bush administration was that Iraq was knee-deep in nukes, anthrax, biological weapons and chemical weapons – so much so, that even Hans Blix couldn't help but notice them.

But that wasn't the Bush administration's position.

Rather, it was that there were lots of reasons to get rid of Saddam Hussein and none to keep him. When President Bush gave the Hussein regime 48 hours' notice to quit Iraq, he said: "All the decades of deceit and cruelty have now reached an end." He said there would be "no more wars of aggression against your neighbors, no more poison factories, no more executions of dissidents, no more torture chambers and rape rooms. The tyrant will soon be gone. The day of your liberation is near."

Liberals kept saying that's too many reasons. The New York Times' leading hysteric, Frank Rich, complained: "We know Saddam Hussein is a thug and we want him gone. But the administration has never stuck to a single story in arguing the case for urgent pre-emptive action now." Since liberals never print retractions, they can say anything. What they said in the past is never admissible.

Contrary to their current self-advertisements, it was liberals who were citing Saddam's weapons of mass destruction – and with gusto – in order to argue against war with Iraq. They said America would suffer retaliatory strikes, there would be mass casualties, Israel would be nuked, our troops would be hit with Saddam's chemical weapons, it would be a Vietnam quagmire.

They said "all" we needed to do was disarm him. This would have required a military occupation of Iraq and a systematic inspection of the 1,000 or so known Iraqi weapons sites without interference from the Hussein regime. In other words, pretty much what we're doing right now.

Remember? That's why liberals were so smitten with the idea of relying on U.N. weapons inspectors. As their title indicates, "weapons inspectors" inspect weapons. They don't stop torture, abolish rape rooms, feed the people, topple Saddam's statues or impose democracy

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com