Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » yay, i won't be poor anymore.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: yay, i won't be poor anymore.
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 04-04-2003 04:56 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'm now a proud employee of pizza hut.

at least it's better than flipping burgers...which i was about to do. i quit my other job like two months ago and have been broke and looking for a job since then. my car has run out of gas while i was driving a total of three times. i mean, shit, walking with a gas can sucks.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 04-04-2003 06:39 PM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am happy for you if you are happy. I would think that a smart computer fella like yourself would be able to do better than Pizza Hut though... Maybe I just think you are older than you really are.

Good luck!

Wash

your

friggin

hands!

Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 04-04-2003 07:29 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

i'd venture to guess i know more than any computer tech at best buy, compusa, et al, but they won't hire me becuase they're cocks.

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 04-04-2003 08:19 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:

i'd venture to guess i know more than any computer tech at best buy, compusa, et al, but they won't hire me becuase they're cocks.

I agree with that. Most of those fools think Detonator Drivers is some game they don't have in stock.

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 04-04-2003 09:27 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah.

cocks.

the same thing applies to auto-related stuff. i can mount and balance tires, do brake jobs, ect, but none of the big chains will hire you unless you're a moron. same goes for parts stores. i should forget that GM ever made anything but chevies and maybe advance or autozone will give me a job. (if some shithead tries to give me chevy 350 parts again i'm going to jump over the counter and kick his ass)

[ 04-04-2003: Message edited by: burble ]

Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 04-05-2003 05:09 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the f-ck? The people working at Pizza Hut or Burger King or McDonald's are just young people with a job like anyone else.

They're not deadbeats, it's just their job.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 04-05-2003 09:55 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
[QB]17
QB]

Your age does not match your cynicism. Are you gonna go to school for computer certification?

Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 04-05-2003 11:44 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i'll probably major in computer science. or maybe engineering, but i'm not sure.

i'm gonna go on an ROTC scholarship assuming i get accepted (no reason why i shouldn't), and then come out and go into the army as an officer. i'll also be enlisting in the reserves this summer or the next so that i can get my job guaranteed and pick up some extra cash.

i figure with a bachelors and 4 years experience working in the army i should be able to get a decent job once i get out.

[ 04-05-2003: Message edited by: burble ]

Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 04-05-2003 10:35 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not all smart people have or can find jobs these days. Thank God I am not looking for work today. It is tuff going out there.

Good observation Tea Bagger.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com