Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Worst thing EVER!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worst thing EVER!!!
god
Sarge
Member # 52

Member Rated:

posted 04-03-2003 03:49 PM     Profile for god   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah well i have been working on a c++ project slowly over a long time because im not skilled in it at all.

I get home last night try to boot up my laptop for school with my project on it and i get the operating not found red text message.....Boo

So i continue to try to boot for the rest of the night hoping i could get into my machine to simply back up my project in progress and then take it to the techs at my school to get a new harddrive.

Make a long story short couldn't get it to boot therefore no project which is due Friday by Midnight......

Pretty crappy deal since im not doing so well in the course in the first place

I had been getting tutor help for well over a week to get my program close to perfection which it was LEVEL 5 the highest level we could get graded for however i didn't really understand much of it.

So yeah here i am thursday sitting in the class with people around me just finishing up their project and im just about to start again............I'm striving for level 0 now unfortunately

I feel pretty bad cause i did all that work in preperation because i know im an idiot and now i'm back at square one and having a hard time figuring out where i should begin

Boo erns!!!!

Project description:
PARSER
print out all identifiers from files that are being passed through the program with the file they came from and the line they occured on.

This is making me go insane because its hard to reverse engineer my brain

Just needed to vent

Any crazy C++ programmers out there?

Posts: 260 | From: London, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 04-03-2003 07:22 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Send me the hard disk. I will take care of it for you.

You didn't have it externally backed up dude? I hate to say it but, you have yourself to blame on this one.

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 04-04-2003 02:14 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you able to boot from a boot disk and that way retrieve the files for your project?
Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com