next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Unplugging

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unplugging
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 02-19-2003 11:36 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can't wait.
My family (dad, little bro, and I) are going on a cruise over Mid-winter break, leaving this friday. No computers, no tv, no phones, no robot (Our FIRST robot ships tommorow; I've been at robot build until 9:00pm almost every day last week and most of the week before, I do the programming for it), no programming... nothing but reading, relazing, and yo-yoing
It's gonna be awesome =D

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 02-19-2003 11:55 PM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no tv?

sure ... if you think so.

but really a cruise is a great time. have fun

--------------------

It's a crazy world. Someone oughta sell tickets.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-20-2003 08:17 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Disconnecting from The Matrix is good for the soul.

Carry on...

Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 02-20-2003 09:19 AM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got back from a week long cruise, myself. It IS awesome.

What cruise line? Where are you sailing out of?

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 02-20-2003 09:22 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scooby gonna get laid.

woof!

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-20-2003 03:32 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Either that or he got the Norwalk virus!
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 02-20-2003 04:32 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW they do have computers, phones and TVs.

Have fun Scooby -don't drink too much rootbeer or coconut juice.

There is nothing like being in the middle of nothing but miles and miles of ocean. That and all the girls in bikinis.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 02-21-2003 03:42 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Donno which cruise line. I told my dad to pick whichever he liked, I just want to relax.

We sail out of Miami Saturday morning. Our flight leaves later today.

Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 02-21-2003 03:44 PM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have a great trip! It will be a LOT of fun, and rather warm in the Caribbean!

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 02-21-2003 05:17 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
=D
Found out we're going on the Carnival Triumph.
Supposed to have a good library too

Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 02-21-2003 05:48 PM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Onya Scoob, have a good one!
Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 02-22-2003 08:48 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Probably too late for Scooby to see, but have fun!
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 03-02-2003 09:47 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was excellent. I'm going ot have to go back to Grand Cayman the week of halloween. They have a weeklong Pirate Festival, and Pirates kick ass!
Oicu812
Sarge
Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted 03-03-2003 08:17 AM     Profile for Oicu812   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you check out the Harley shop in Georgetown? I drooled over the anniversary bike in there, but they wouldn't sell it to me... And how about the backward traffic, English style?

O

--------------------

==============
vidi vici veni

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 03-03-2003 07:55 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, we were pretty busy in the Cayman islands. In the morning we went on a glass-bottom boat thing tour, then a tour of Grand Cayman (we went to Hell and back ). After a quick lunch we went straight to snorkeling, which was amazing. Got to explore and dive around a sunken ship (The Kali; Sunk in the 30's after a failed conversion from sails to motors. Boat was carrying rice, leaked, rice got wet, expanded, tore apart the hull).

Jamaica was pretty sweet too. Beautiful country, but really dirty. Not that I saw a lot of pollution like I see here in the states, but there was trash everywhere. We went mountain biking all morning, 10% uphill, 90% downhill, so it was basically holding the brakes and coasting. Still, it was pretty sweet. When we got to the bottom they took us to a beach and we went cliff-diving and snorkeling some more. Got it all on video

What was really funny to me, was that everywhere I went, people acted like they never saw a yo-yo before. Granted, I freestyle and do way more than just your rocking-the-cradle and walk-the-dog (30+sec string tricks at a time), but people were amazed all over. In Cozumel, I was yo-yoing while we were walking around the pier, and this mexican dude wouldn't let me leave. He kept asking me to "Do it again! Do it again!". I finally ran off and went to a Pirate Dinner Cruise/Show (which kicked ass btw). Jamaica was even better. The guys there were really impressed with my moves, and one guy wanted to try it himself. He could make my yo-yo go up and down, but couldn't understand how I got it to flip up over fingers and onto the string, or fly around everywhere. Cool stuff though.

I'll have to remember to bring my yo-yos with me when I goto Europe after graduation. They're a great way to meet people.

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 03-03-2003 08:13 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did you get your hair braided mon?

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com