Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Superior Military Hardware

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Superior Military Hardware
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-19-2003 08:41 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
US soldiers should feel secure with a fleet of these clearing the path from five miles away in the dark.

I find it hard not to admire superior military hardware like this. I would enjoy watching the Apache demolish a few Iraqi tanks for sure. Wonder if the history channel has a documentary on current American Military Technology.

Anyone know when the next full moon over Iraq is? Not that it matters...

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 02-20-2003 04:33 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Look out; Americans in black choppers are coming for you!".
Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-20-2003 07:51 AM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes indeed Lindi!

All will be assimilated...

jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 02-20-2003 08:37 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You won't know all about all the new stuff until after hostilities.

One "preview" I heard about was the Predator drone armed with Hellfire missles. It can loiter for hours and then strike armor in complete darkness with no danger to U.S. combatants.

The Iraqis should have learned on the last go-round is that we OWN the night. We will prefer to "work" at night. We are freakin' deadly at night. Unless the Germans or French sold them any night vision stuff lately, it will be just another "replay" with their "elite" troops trying to surrender to drones and aircraft.

--------------------

No Sig

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 02-20-2003 09:39 PM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is a bit sobering to think that so much effort and money go into big machines that kill people.

Yeah, there's always the argument that we have no choice because there are always bad guys, but I'm talking about humanity as a whole.

One of the major forces driving our evolution and progress as a civilization is a desire to kill members of it! How fucked up is that!

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 02-20-2003 10:15 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Redlemons:
It is a bit sobering to think that so much effort and money go into big machines that kill people.

Yeah, there's always the argument that we have no choice because there are always bad guys, but I'm talking about humanity as a whole.

One of the major forces driving our evolution and progress as a civilization is a desire to kill members of it! How fucked up is that!

If it helps secure my childs safety and defends our freedoms I am all for it. Believe me, there is no sick desire to kill behind America's firewall. This I am sure of.

Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 02-21-2003 03:11 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
War is kinda like Formula 1, the team with the most advanced toys win....
Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Max
Sarge
Member # 2754

Rate Member

posted 02-21-2003 09:40 AM     Profile for Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
War is kinda like Formula 1, the team with the most advanced toys win....

Not always Lindi, sometimes driver skill comes into play. For example, look at the picture above, that guy really thinks he can squeeze thru the gap in the trees? -1 for the US I think.

--------------------

(_*_)

Posts: 163 | From: Boston, MA, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 02-21-2003 09:51 AM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"...that guy really thinks he can squeeze thru the gap in the trees?"

LOL!

(maybe he plans on pruning them first with those guns)

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com