Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Indoor wallclimbing.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Indoor wallclimbing.
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-30-2003 03:31 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Had a chance to try it out tonight, it's quite fun and seems to be something easy enough to get into.

.., all though getting good at it takes quite alot.

Can't type no more my hands and feet ache.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 01-30-2003 05:22 PM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i do it all the time.. i go outside too.

i can lead about 5.10 and toprope hard 11's rock climbing is one of the greatest sports imo. if you do it a lot you will get good. just climb with people that are a lot better then you.

i just noticed that you are not in the us so our ratings dont really make since...

are you on the V scale? i can lead V0-V1 and toprope V2-V4

--------------------

It's a crazy world. Someone oughta sell tickets.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 01-30-2003 06:11 PM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

We used to have an outdoor wall at my last school, it was awesome getting up there. It's all great until you come down and you realise that your fingers are stiffened into claws and you can't open or close them with any great ease.

Would love to get "back" into it.

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Scott
Visor
Member # 2931

Member Rated:

posted 01-30-2003 08:57 PM     Profile for Scott   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just watch people mess up on Real TV or You Gotta See This

--------------------

I am Emmit Smith

Posts: 18 | From: Grand Rapids, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 01-31-2003 12:58 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wolfie was that the ISKL wall? I never got a chance to try that

I used to do indoor rock climbing every now and then when I was a kid. I remember it was so expensive so we couldn't do it too often.

Getting to the top and then just falling off was a great feeling

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-31-2003 01:57 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Whoa whoa, slow down, I'm not rated on any scale. I just tried it out for the first time!

Felt kinda hard since I've got really weak hands and no power in my fingers, that's what a cushy deskjob does to one I guess. Don't even mention the lack of experince, normal stairs are the hardest thing I've climbed in a long time.

Liked it though so I'm thinking I'll try it again.

I went climbing yesterday with a freind who's been doing it for about two ears, yesterday was part of our diabetes activities clubb program.

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 01-31-2003 08:30 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A great sport once you get into it Lindi. And you really have to try climbing outdoors if you have the chance...it's totally different from climbing indoors, really

Haven't had the chance to do it for a few years, but it's great fun.

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-31-2003 02:45 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've kinda descided to start doing this climbing thing as much as time and wallet allows for it. Let's see where it takes me.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com