Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » How bout that movie "cats and dogs"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How bout that movie "cats and dogs"
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-18-2001 05:19 AM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, the one about the talking dogs and cats..where the cats try to rule the world etc...

i'm ashamed to say that i just recently saw that (about 5 hours ago) and i'm still recouperating. a friend of mine convinced me to go..just for the hell of it. when i walked into the theatre, we were surrounded by snotty 3rd graders... the place was full of kids.. i've never felt so uncomfortable, but that soon changed.

as the previews for other movies came to view, my mouth had a mind of it's own. u know how the theatre tries to put previews that would somehow be similar to the movie you're about to see (similar as in same ratings..). anyways, it was the most horrid thing ever. every single damned preview sucked shit. sorry, but i had to speak my mind. after each preview i couldnt help but sarcastically yell, "OH MAN, that looks SOOO SWEET! WE HAVE TO SEE THAT." plus some obscenities not worth mentioning.

sure, the movie had it's moments.. its few seconds of glory, but it was usually only me and my friends that understood the REALLY funny quips. so after a joke has been said, the theatre was silent... then we'd fill the void with "AHHGAHHAHHAHAH" good times. but it got a little out of hand. in the end, there was an emotional dramatic moment (yes i'm going to tell you, anything to ruin this movie for you and prevent you from watching it). this dog seemed dead and his owner (a little kid) picked him up and started to cry. then i giggled a little... but enough to be noticed. then i stopped, but got to thinking again-- "this kid just lost 2 dogs in a mere matter of weeks..." and i burst out laughing.. of course i muffled my annoyance with my sweater, but the damage was done. i ruined the movie for everyone. sometimes comedy is best served with a little bit of tragedy.

and once more, this movie sucked. the plot eluded me. the entire time, the goal of the protagonist was to protect the allergy medicine (thats rite... allergy medicine). in the end, THEY NEVER SAID WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DAMNED MEDICINE.... it just ENDED..

and the rats.. WHAT ABOUT THE RATS?!? what did they do with SO MANY RATS?!???

i should write a book about how much this movie sucked. although Jeff Goldblum was good.. and Elizabeth Perkins was attractive (in a sick and perverted "your-mom-is-hot" kind of way), this movie was a bust. WHO FINANCES ALL THE DOG's HI-TECH GADGETS@? HOW COULD THEIR BASE BE IN THE CENTER OF THE EARTH?? (theoretically, your mass in the center of the earth is infinite..figure that one out)

whatever... im done. im sickened of this movie. im ashamed of myself. i'm going to write a book.

Posts: 731 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
ERAZOR
Sarge
Member # 100

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2001 05:50 AM     Profile for ERAZOR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Yeah well that sucked. Happens at times, when you laugh when you are not supposed to o_O

--------------------

Posts: 627 | From: Singapore | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2001 04:12 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My dad and lil bro said it was great?

Oh well, DivX here I come

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 07-19-2001 02:55 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Uncomfortable? Not even! Were you at the release of Spice World (domestically) surround by girls of all ages trying to look like the spice girls? On the lighter side, it was an underrated movie. Pop bands used to be able to be the top bands like the Beatles and Monkeys, and would get both males and females liking them, but today it is so much of shit that bands have this image that will attract either one or the other but have no music talent or depth to have nearly a split of genders in their fans.

I think that it is stupid how dogs are the goods guys and cats are evil. Why not make a movie where Americans are the heroes of everything, smarter than everyone and have them fight someone like Japan or Russia? Oh yeah, has been done. Holly wood sucks!

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ski11z
Sarge
Member # 756

Member Rated:

posted 07-19-2001 05:48 PM     Profile for Ski11z   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm Canadian :X

btw, i was pretty pissed off when i watched ID4 too... it was a good movie, i liked the action and shit...but WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO CANADA??

i'm sure we have a couple fighter planes... but Canada wasn't even mentioned ONCE. and the whole "praise USA" speech by that guy really sickened me. "Today... IS OUR INDEPENDANCE DAY... not for just us ..but for the whole world [except for Canada]" well, something like that.

i'm probably gonna get yelled at for posting this

i have nothing against americans... just that movie =\
(btw, in a few years im gonna be moving to the states...i just hope that my future neighbors dont read this post )

Posts: 731 | From: BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2001 12:36 PM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ski11z ~ as a citizen of the "rest of the world", the movie was made for americans spending the "fourth", ok? It was still a, should I say an amusing movie.

[ 07-20-2001: Message edited by: Lindi ]

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 07-20-2001 05:13 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my socks hurt.
Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Burble X
Sarge
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted 07-20-2001 05:14 PM     Profile for Burble X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i wonder how that other account got there.

--------------------

<SUP><FONT color="Black">

Posts: 2198 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 07-21-2001 12:55 AM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The funny part about ID4 is that the ships would go after the captial of America, but it wouldn't go to Toronto, I remember the ufos where going for the most populated places, not directly over the white house, why not the CN Tower?

--------------------

Hey, Smeg head, Hail CellClones!

Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com