my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Recycled Music

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Recycled Music
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 01-29-2001 08:11 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I heard today that Vanilla Ice was arrested a short while ago for beating up his wife, or something along those lines.

It occured to me that Eminem is the year 2001's Vanilla Ice. Although Vanilla Ice was definately a lot more tame.

And Destiny's Child? Once again, 2001's Salt 'n' Pepa.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 01-29-2001 11:20 AM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
vanilla ice became a populare punk rock singer. his bad has been touring since his rap carrar died.
Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Snag
Sarge
Member # 992

Member Rated:

posted 01-29-2001 11:22 AM     Profile for Snag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That is something I have to find funny though. One of the "artistic" industries is sooo god damned cliched. I mean, there is ALWAYS boy bands who aren't even bands...they just get pretty footsteps and learn to sing a few cords (New Kids, Boyz II Men, *Nsync, Backstreet Boys). Then there are the chicks who are like sooooooo hot guys buy their albums to look at the pictured and then they claim to be virgins so guys can fantasize about plucking that flower (toooooo many to name but think Britney for the current hehe), and then there are the stories of rags to riches living in a van down by the river until they got their lucky break (Vanilla Ice haha, Jewel). And let us not forget the ones who are meant to shock us or intrigue us. (Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson Eminem). There are always those ones too. When people get bored of of one, they fade out while another fades in. People eat it all up like sheep too. Totally clueless and willing to accept whatever cliche is presented before them as cool. I think the music industry sucks!! Time for another revolution...like what the Beatles did to music, we need another
Posts: 2606 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-30-2001 04:03 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's gonna take some time untill the next "Beatless" popup. I mean the world hasn't fully recovered from the Beatless yet, eh?

------------------
Spell checks? SPELL CHECKS? we don't need no stinking Spell Checks.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-30-2001 04:04 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's if we don't take into account Oasis's Liam Ghallagers comment that they (Oasis) is bigger than the Beatless and Jesus together.

------------------

MadHatter
Sarge
Member # 158

Member Rated:

posted 01-30-2001 11:41 PM     Profile for MadHatter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
listen to what you love thats what i say..

i dont try to be a genre lover, if i hear it and i like it i will listen to it. busniss and entertainment dont go very well together. it sucks when it stops being about the music and starts being about the bucks.. if your not willing to do it for free, then you shouldnt do it.

Posts: 1601 | From: that warm little part of your heart | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 01-31-2001 03:48 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hear what you say Hat, unfortunately not many artists think that way... and to be heard by the crowds requires a record deal, that immediately introduces the bussiness part. Hard to keep it real.

Man just look what happened to Metallica... geez.

------------------

PrincessGummy
Sarge
Member # 1951

Member Rated:

posted 01-31-2001 06:59 PM     Profile for PrincessGummy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that is true. i was watching some show on vh1 about this....the boy bands are all copies of new kids and boyz II men.
the pop queens are all madonna wannabees.
the girl groups like destinys child are all like en vogue and salt and peppa.
they're all alike.

Posts: 507 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
xanthan
Sarge
Member # 35

Member Rated:

posted 01-31-2001 08:32 PM     Profile for xanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like music
Posts: 1051 | From: US | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 02-01-2001 02:21 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xanthan:
I like music

Despite it all, so do I!

------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com