next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » the pepsi challenge

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the pepsi challenge
4s
Sarge
Member # 611

Rate Member

posted 07-03-2000 12:12 PM     Profile for 4s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
conclusion: pepsi tastes like coke, coke tastes like pepsi.

oh, and ever heard of coca-cola putting cocaine in the drinks during the 50's? i know thats really crazy but some guy just told me. and some other guy agreed. i think they both drank too much coca-cola this morning tho.

Posts: 528 | From: Seattle, eh?, Uzbekistan | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 07-03-2000 02:54 PM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I heard that too a long time ago.

That's why it was called Coke.... Well anyway, that's what I heard.

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dan

Member # 0

Rate Member

posted 07-03-2000 03:16 PM     Profile for Dan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i heard that in elementry school.
Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
4s
Sarge
Member # 611

Rate Member

posted 07-03-2000 05:03 PM     Profile for 4s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but this has to be a myth, there's no way..
Posts: 528 | From: Seattle, eh?, Uzbekistan | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-03-2000 06:18 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i can't live w/o my coke! *starts twitching*
Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Burble X
Sarge
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted 07-03-2000 07:38 PM     Profile for Burble X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always assumed the cocaine thing was true...

Both Pepsi and Coke suck, btw. Coke tastes like crap, Pepsi tastes like crap with extra sugar.

Posts: 2198 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
4s
Sarge
Member # 611

Rate Member

posted 07-03-2000 10:11 PM     Profile for 4s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heeeyy i had to take the pepsi challenge!
actually i mostly drink non-soda drinks, but i was bored at work ehhe

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 07-04-2000 04:14 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The cocaine-myth is no myth...it's true...
Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 07-04-2000 04:19 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The cocaine bit is partly true. When Coca Cola was first invented it had traces of cocaine in it because it used chemicals in cocoa leaves. The guy didn't delibaretly lace Coke with cocaine, though. As they refined the recipe the cocaine traces were filtered out.
It's something like that.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 07-04-2000 11:42 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope...I've seen a documentary, and it was deliberate....but they were forced to remove it...
Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Oicu8Max2
Visor
Member # 2117

Rate Member

posted 07-05-2000 12:21 AM     Profile for Oicu8Max2     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's true, Coca Cola was first marketed as an elixir or a cure-it-all. Who knew it would really be an alternative to old age as far as tooth removal was concerned?
4s
Sarge
Member # 611

Rate Member

posted 07-05-2000 04:12 AM     Profile for 4s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
do we know whats in it now, eheheheheh.
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-05-2000 11:59 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The only sodas I drink are A&W Root Beer (Available in bottles again!!!!!! It's way better than Barqs) and Nestea Ice Tea, and of course, Dr. Pepper. I love Dr. Pepper.

------------------

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 07-05-2000 02:35 PM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, you know what I love?

Lipton Ice Tea... peach flavoured! When I was in Jakarta (indonesia) a few years ago they had them in cans... but when I moved to Malaysia they were in packets and you had to mix it with cold water, and it just wasn't the same. Lipton supposedly comes from England, but there's none here, either. Anyone else have it? It's the best canned drink in the world!

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 07-06-2000 10:23 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a sachet of Boh Ice Tea in my wallet which I've had for years. I wouldn't eat it but it looks cool I love that stuff.

Dr Pepper tastes good. Most people think it tastes like childrens' cough syrup or something. Bah.

Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 07-06-2000 03:20 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Mountain Dew. THe point that it has two tastes. The first when it enters the mouth and the second when you swallow. The only reason I want to live in America is because the laws that allow Mountain Dew to be a billion times better. Mountain Dew is a citrus drink so in Canada there can not be any caffine in it!
Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
4s
Sarge
Member # 611

Rate Member

posted 07-06-2000 04:53 PM     Profile for 4s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
caffeine free Mt. Dew??

i'm currently 'adddiiicted' to this

i dont' think its the caffeine. it relaxes the mouth when you drink it. tastes weird the first couple of times you drink it.

[This message has been edited by 4s (edited 07-06-2000).]

Burble X
Sarge
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted 07-06-2000 05:29 PM     Profile for Burble X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
4s - Flavored water, five bucks a can! Yummy! ;P

Acid - You ever drink IBC root beer?

4s
Sarge
Member # 611

Rate Member

posted 07-06-2000 05:39 PM     Profile for 4s   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
8.3 oz for $1.99, but i work at a gas station
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 07-07-2000 12:09 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope can't say I have. . .

Wolfie, we have Lipton Ice Tea here in Canada, in cans too. I've never seen the Peach flavour, but I'm sure that we have it. Personally I prefer Lipton Brisk Ice Tea. Mostly for the commercials.

------------------

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
jondster
Sarge
Member # 109

Member Rated:

posted 07-09-2000 10:32 AM     Profile for jondster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cocaine in Coke ??? LOL ... one of the original "urban rumors".

The "Pepsi Challenge" is for kiddies ... instead do it with beer or vodka martinis

Posts: 2128 | From: Cascade MI USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Burble X
Sarge
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted 07-10-2000 03:55 PM     Profile for Burble X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jond, you 'tard, it's true. It was just on the History Channel. ;P

They said two of the main ingrediants were cocaine AND alcohol.

aitRus
Sarge
Member # 56

Rate Member

posted 07-10-2000 08:36 PM     Profile for aitRus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuckin Jones Soda Co.

its a canadian company i think, it makes the best damn drinks ever, but if your gonna get one don't buy vanilla cola it sucks, get the blue bubblegum flavour instead. red, green, and creamsoda are all good flavors too just not frickin vanillacola!!!

dammit!

------------------

[This message has been edited by aitRus (edited 07-10-2000).]

Posts: 314 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com