Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » networking problems..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: networking problems..
Imthman
Visor
Member # 2966

Rate Member

posted 07-27-2003 09:43 PM     Profile for Imthman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, my neighbor split his internet connection 3 ways, using a linksys router. We were hoping to play quake3a together that way, is it possible? I know we all will have the same IP address, but is that going to matter? If not whats the way to go about it?
Posts: 8 | From: GR Michigan | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dAm
Sarge
Member # 2600

Member Rated:

posted 07-27-2003 11:37 PM     Profile for dAm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Add the IPX/SPX protocol to the network connection properties of each system. It should then show up under Local Servers with a 0 - 4 ping or so.

--------------------

Shut-up and fish

Posts: 577 | From: Calgary | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Imthman
Visor
Member # 2966

Rate Member

posted 08-05-2003 01:01 AM     Profile for Imthman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ok, we are getting close... he creates and I see the listing under LOCAL but it will not let me join. The countdown just keeps counting. Says "SERVER USES PROTOCOL VERSION 68" any ideas?
Posts: 8 | From: GR Michigan | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lindi
Sarge
Member # 493

Member Rated:

posted 08-05-2003 02:47 AM     Profile for Lindi   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Both the server and you need to have the same version of quake3 running, othervise you will get a protocol missmatch.

Download v. 1.32 which is the latest, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Posts: 3036 | From: Turku, Finland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com