next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » Tech Center   » cfg file

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cfg file
hotreadytogo22
Sarge
Member # 2105

Rate Member

posted 07-18-2000 03:15 PM     Profile for hotreadytogo22   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I set my bindings in q3 and when I go in again they are set to original settings. I know q2 allowed autoexec.cfg but q3 does not seem to allow this. Any ideas
Parsout
Sarge
Member # 1873

Member Rated:

posted 07-21-2000 08:54 AM     Profile for Parsout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you binding keys in the game? If so, try setting them in your cfg file in windows, about autoexecs, they don't actually autoexec anymore, you have to make a stupid shortcut that runs the cfg's that you make, in the shortcut bar. Something that helps when you're trying to set things, is typing "seta" before the command, but I think that this doesn't work with binding because bind commands actually start with bind (stupid me).

Damn I crap on a lot

Parsout

Posts: 630 | From: Adelaide, SA, Australia | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 07-21-2000 09:28 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I use an autoexec.cfg file, and it works fine. Have it placed in the baseq3 directory.

If you use the console, and type /set, that (I believe) is a 'temporary' set, which will only last for your current execution of Q3. If you use /seta, I think that is a permanent setting of that variable. I think.

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com