Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Outpost   » What's Up with Your Name??? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: What's Up with Your Name???
Babob@PLAY!
Sarge
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted 06-17-1999 09:03 PM     Profile for Babob@PLAY!     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK maybe this has been asked before, but here it goes again.... What does each of your names mean? Ya know like mine is pretty simple.. (B)=BAD (a)=ass (bob)=bob DOH! (@)=at {DOH! again} (PLAY!) {Triple DOH!} --- Babob@PLAY! WooHOO! I have been using that name in games since uhh let me see here...1991. Not just PC multiplayer games mind you, but all games.

SO let's get the low down fellas and gals, What's Up with Your Name???

Babob@PLAY!

Posts: 423 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Mike2
Sarge
Member # 139

Rate Member

posted 06-17-1999 09:53 PM     Profile for Mike2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"M-i-k-e" for "Mike", 2 for diversifying me from the other "Mike"
Posts: 249 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Burble X
Sarge
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted 06-17-1999 11:33 PM     Profile for Burble X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This belongs in The Lounge, Bad-Ass Billy-Bob.

CellClone BX

Posts: 2198 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Babob@PLAY!
Sarge
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted 06-18-1999 12:18 AM     Profile for Babob@PLAY!     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well excuse me Burb~ aka. (moderator wannabe.) Heheh! At first I was going to post this in the "Lounge", then I thought well it's Quake related, due to the fact that these are player names used while playing Quake.

You should read this forum's description before you go pulling out that fake plastic badge.

quote:
A general Quake chat forum talking about the game, the players, and the community.

Babob@PLAY!

Asmodean
Sarge
Member # 3

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 12:48 AM     Profile for Asmodean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, Asmodean is a name I used to use way back when I played AD&D all the time. I found out a few years later that it is another name for the Devil. =)

The other name I go by: Grimm_Fandango came from the game Grim Fandango, I was looking for a name quick when I first started playin quake2 online in the zone, this particular pcgamer demo cd was sitting right here, and I liked the name, so I used it (but I misspelled it)

Hardware Guru

Posts: 1129 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Burble X
Sarge
Member # 77

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 01:24 AM     Profile for Burble X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
:P@Babob. I just don't want The Outpost to end up like it was.

Burble is a name from a book. The X is there for the ever-so-important reason of "I feel like it." People usually call me BX or Burb. The End.

Whenever I think of Asmodean, I think "snake", becuase in a book in the same series as the one I just mentioned has a snake named Asmodean. And I didn't know Asmodean was another word for satan, though.

CellClone BX

Posts: 2198 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Dilinger
Visor
Member # 144

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 01:39 AM     Profile for Dilinger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok my name acutally has a korny meaning, Back when I first got onto multiplayer games, mainly war2, I never lost, I came close to losing but I would always win. So, I figured I was pretty diligent about playihng, So I chose Dilinger as my name. Dumb HUh?
Posts: 14 | From: Beiseker, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Babob@PLAY!
Sarge
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted 06-18-1999 02:01 AM     Profile for Babob@PLAY!     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I understand that BX~, I sure don't want to see it go to hell like it was going before either. That's why I made this suggestion in the "Testing Grounds"....

quote:
I use to frequent the msg. board at www.jediknight.net and they had a forum called the "Mauling Area" I believe. You know tempers are going to flare up from time to time here and they knew that at JediKight.net, so why not add a forum called the "Q3 Mauling Arena" or something like that so that people can let off some steam and not get into trouble for it?
Just a thought.

http://www.q3arena.com/resources/UltimateBB/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000035.html

Asmo~ I always new you had horns anyways!

Dil~ Your name is not dumb, so don't say that!

OK now... keep em coming.... WOOOHOO!

Babob@PLAY!

Vid 6.7
Sarge
Member # 42

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 07:05 AM     Profile for Vid 6.7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Vid 6.7 isn't that hard to figure out. "Vid" is short for my name (David) and 6.7 is a less obvious way of saying 666.

I actually use different revisions for different things. At work I use Vid 6.8a (business version)

I was thinking about changing it to Vid 2000, but then I'd have to kill myself.

-----(Vid 6.7 (freeware) --- Formally known as "Zombie" )-----

Posts: 100 | From: Colorado Springs, CO, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 06-18-1999 07:51 AM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I just did this recently, but since you asked me in that other thread...

My name is the result of 17 years of evolution. I got my first computer back in 1983, and vry quickly discovered BBS's. Well, everyone needed a name, so I chose Silicon_Dragon. The name was prfect back then because it combined my two passions...computers and fantasy.

I used Silicon_Dragon fairly steadlily from 1983 up until 1993, when I was introduced to this cool new game called DOOM. Great game, but I had one problem...my name was too long! DOOM wouldn't hold the entire name! So, after using the same name for 10 years, I simply became "Dragon". Dragon didn't get as much use as it's predecessor. In '96 this guy named Dave 'Drag0n' Brewer started becoming fairly famous in the Quake community. Even though I had been using the name for 3 years at that point, people started calling me a copycat. So once more my name changed...to Draco (yet another variation of dragon). Alas, this name was also not meant to be. That same year, 1996, the movie DragonHeart was released. And you'll never guess what the name of the Dragon was...Draco. Well, I think I actually used it until early 1997, but by that point it seemed like there was 10,000 Draco's playing Quake.

So I deliberately misspelled it and became Drako. And I've been Drako ever since

Click To Email

Posts: 928 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
20 20
Sarge
Member # 358

Member Rated:

posted 06-18-1999 08:41 AM     Profile for 20 20   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had the laser eye surgery just before beginning to play multiplayer. It was the first thing that came into my mind (hey, I can see the moniter, without glasses!!) Actually, my eyes went from 20-400 to 20-20.
MidiPunk
Sarge
Member # 16

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 09:01 AM     Profile for MidiPunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Asmo~ I grew up on D&D too, in the AD&D book "Deities & Demigods"; Asmodeus was the ruler of the Ninth Plane of Hell. One bad mofo!

Ok, MidiPunk...
MIDI=Musical Instrument Digital Interface.
A common misconception is that I compose punk rock MIDI songs; nope! I was considering the name "MidiMaestro", but that was far too bold for me. I'd never consider myself much more than a punk at this MIDI stuff!
There ya have it

Posts: 584 | From: Florence, Kentucky USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Phucen ey
Sarge
Member # 73

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 09:34 AM     Profile for Phucen ey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The actual spelling is "Phucen-`ey" the board doesn't like the "-`" part. It's actually sounded as F#ckin' A(sshole). I used to say that alot when I first started out playing Q2. I always died and I had no clue where the person was who killed me. I just changed the spelling so that people (young 'uns) don't get too pissed at the profanity to which is my name.

To Assimilate is our goal!

[This message has been edited by Phucen ey (edited 07-15-1999).]

Posts: 504 | From: Solon, OH, USA (Burb of Cleveland) | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 06-18-1999 11:58 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cacophonous means a loud or discording sound.
I go by =cac= for short.

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
funkymarc
Visor
Member # 118

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 04:09 PM     Profile for funkymarc   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have my name cause I am dumb. I made it up as a music name when I used to try my hand at techno. I sucked, but the name stuck. I also go as neo_genisissounds way too mainstream-wannabe-on-the-edge, but I like, like new begining....respawn, I do that tooo much...this works out with the first name...I sucked at techno...and here is the surprise....I suck at Q2!

woohoo for batha poodoo

The Funkster
Currently not a memeber of the Signature Elite

Posts: 16 | From: Sterling, MA, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Serengeti
Sarge
Member # 51

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 06:05 PM     Profile for Serengeti   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I wear Serengeti sunglasses... no, seriously though, I've always wanted to visit the serengeti (in Africa for the uneducated)

Posts: 1045 | From: your grocer's freezer | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
MidiPunk
Sarge
Member # 16

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 06:49 PM     Profile for MidiPunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Educated I'm not (I chose the USMC vs. college), but I've seen Angel Falls on The Discovery Channel and looked very inviting. If in Africa, that would be my destination.

For some reason, "Serengeti Plains" comes to mind. I'm guessing you're into Zebras & such?

Posts: 584 | From: Florence, Kentucky USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Asmodean
Sarge
Member # 3

Rate Member

posted 06-18-1999 11:21 PM     Profile for Asmodean   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never did manage to get that book... (Deities and Demigods). Ah the 9 layers of Hell.... I remember a game we were going to do with all 30th level characters with powerfull artafacts... go into HELL and take it over. =)

Tiamat would be easy, but Asmodeus would have been hard. We were determined to do it though, it would have been interesting, but we never did get around to it. It also would have been interesting to go into the 666 layers of the Abyss and cause some chit. That would have been fun.

I still have all my old AD&D books kicking around. I think its about time I got rid of em...

Hardware Guru

Posts: 1129 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jihad

Member # 0

Rate Member

posted 06-19-1999 12:44 AM     Profile for Jihad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It means a holy war. There are real world references here, but It came to mind from the Butlerian Jihad in the Dune saga.

Thae word just freaks me out a bit.

Posts: | From: | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged
Jarlaxle
Sarge
Member # 11

Rate Member

posted 06-19-1999 01:18 AM     Profile for Jarlaxle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AD&D (Forgotten Realms) Character name, a Drow dood. bla bla bla =)

JarX
"Weee... PoP!"

[This message has been edited by Jarlaxle (edited 06-19-1999).]

Posts: 1732 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 06-19-1999 01:47 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cartoons are my life!
Well not really, but my favorite cartoon charactor was, is, and will allways be Scooby Doo. Or Scoobert Doo for the un-scooby elite

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Redlemons
Sarge
Member # 70

posted 06-19-1999 07:21 AM     Profile for Redlemons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My name, Redlemons, came from the software company who I believe is making a Myth-type game based on the movie Braveheart. I think it will be a cross between games like Shogun/Myth/Myth2/Dark Reign 2. Hopefully it'll be good. Basically, the name just stuck and I've used it for about 6 months now.
Posts: 1711 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
LaggBoy
Sarge
Member # 120

Rate Member

posted 06-19-1999 02:12 PM     Profile for LaggBoy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got my name from my fellow clan members because they would pick servers across the globe from me and I would always complain about the lagg and packet loss so they called me LaggBoy. BTW, is lagg with 1 g or 2?

LaggBoy

fishstick
Visor
Member # 165

Rate Member

posted 06-19-1999 02:44 PM     Profile for fishstick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I started using this handle when I started playing quake in '95 - my brother brought the game over, we installed it and got into a game, where I got killed a lot and 'Player' kept coming up.

So, we thought for a minute about a name, bro picked up a mag (scientific american, i think) I had on the table and leafed thru it. There was an article about MIT students who had programmed 'robotic gladiators' for a contest. The winner was named 'Fishstick from Guam'.

I though that was pretty funny - I just typed in 'Fishstick' that day and have just used it ever since. (pretty dumb, actually)

Posts: 16 | From: Chicago, IL, US | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
aitRus
Sarge
Member # 56

Rate Member

posted 06-20-1999 02:23 AM     Profile for aitRus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Way back when Myst was made, there was this d00d named Atrus. Well, Cyan (the company who made the game decided it would be cool to make pre-quil books and shit. In the ealiest pre-quil book there is a d00d named Aitrus, and then he has a non-d00d named Ghen, who is a real dickhead, who then has Atrus. So, Aitrus is Atrus's grandpa.

Even before that, when i started DM in the days of Duke3d, my name was simply "Nick" if i recall correctly. Then I changed it to Lord Nickster. Dilinger might remember that....cause we were in a battle of the sexes clan together. After that, i changed the name to Veovis, who was Aitrus's enemy in the book. Then I changed it to Aitrus, then , then aItRuS, then aitRus. now it is still that, and of course CellClone XXX (which is just the cellclone hive thing, and af course my favorite thing -anything that is triple-x =)

Damn, that was a hell and stupid reply......

aitRus
CellClone XXX

Posts: 314 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
aitRus
Sarge
Member # 56

Rate Member

posted 06-20-1999 02:25 AM     Profile for aitRus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
woops, i meant:
quote:
Damn, that was a hell of a long and stupid reply.

its 2:30 as i'm writing this, so i am pretty fuckin tired

Posts: 314 | From: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
SFury
Sarge
Member # 105

Rate Member

posted 06-20-1999 07:25 AM     Profile for SFury   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I started out as Warlord on local BBS's, saw too many other people with the same name once the Internet became usable. I changed my name to SavageFury, got tired of typing it in after a while, and changed to SFury.

SFury the Tekkaman

Posts: 380 | From: Eau Claire, WI, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Taran
Sarge
Member # 108

Rate Member

posted 06-21-1999 11:22 AM     Profile for Taran     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Taran was a character from a series of books I read as a kid. It became my D&D character, then my favorite character in my party in the Wizardry series of games. Now it is my online multiplayer name.

Posts: 111 | From: Kansas City, MO USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Balchoth
Sarge
Member # 29

Rate Member

posted 06-21-1999 03:23 PM     Profile for Balchoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My name comes from a J.R.R Tolkien book. If I remember well it is the name of a the leader of a Clan of war. I would have to check.

Valek
Visor
Member # 23

Rate Member

posted 06-21-1999 05:02 PM     Profile for Valek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I have been using the alias TheKid for a few years since I got on the internet and go to irc a lot and things. Then like 6months ago when I got into q2 I decided k1d wasn't fierce enough so I changed it to Valek. For those that don't know Valek is the master vampire in John Carpenter's Vampires. This also reflects on my interests in vampires.
noctern
Visor
Member # 188

Rate Member

posted 06-21-1999 11:16 PM     Profile for noctern   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
noctern has been a name I have used for years now,it was just going to be a short term name but as I suffer from insomnia, ppl just got used to me being online playing and stuffing around at all hours of the day and night. So noctern just seemed the right name to keep.
Other then that it was my AD&D necromancers name. noctern he walks the dark places others fear to tread.

Posts: 4 | From: Brisbane , Qld , Australia | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Deus
Visor
Member # 192

Rate Member

posted 06-22-1999 05:04 PM     Profile for Deus   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The word -+Deus+- is latin for god, which i thought was pretty cool, I used to be called FRAGmental which i thought pretty lame.

I think its a great idea to find out what everybodies names mean.

Deus.

-Deus-

Posts: 12 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
JoJo
Sarge
Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted 06-22-1999 09:06 PM     Profile for JoJo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My nickname has the best history. And I don't know if I told you the whole story. Well, one of my mother's friends took me to a Tea Party concert. And I was very small at the time. I wondered into the room where the Tea Party was, back then they weren't that big. There I was talking to them, and Jeff Burrows (sp? but you wouldn't know) gave me his drum sticks which were JoJo's. I still have them, and he doesn't use JoJo sticks anymore. Oh, he was asked to replace the drummer for Pearl Jam. And I also written some books, one which almost was on the book stores in Canada but I didn't want it to be. They made jojo look like a Dick head. And some people even look as jojo as their god.
Posts: 2510 | From: Space Command | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vandal
Sarge
Member # 85

Rate Member

posted 06-23-1999 03:54 PM     Profile for Vandal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine comes from a So Cal Punk band from the early 80's.

Posts: 45 | From: Danville, CA US | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Babob@PLAY!
Sarge
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted 06-27-1999 07:05 PM     Profile for Babob@PLAY!     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These have been really great guys! Keep um coming. I know that there's a lot more names to be explained.

WooHoo!

[DnA]Boba Fett
Sarge
Member # 53

Rate Member

posted 06-27-1999 08:42 PM     Profile for [DnA]Boba Fett   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
umm, do i really have to explain mine??? Bad ass mofo Bounty Hunter. known for his skill at tracking/hunting down and killing/capturing his "target". same way i play Q2, follow till you get a good shot then KILL.
heres an official decription:
quote:
Mean and menacing, one of the galaxy's best bounty hunters is used to tracking down his prizes, with the possible exception of a crafty Corellian smuggler. Many tales are told of Fett's background and exploits, but there are few verifiable facts--perhaps by design.

Fett wears the armor of the Mandalorians, a group of fearsome warriors dating back to ancient times who were defeated by the Jedi Knights. His modified armor includes a helmet with a macrobinocular viewplate, motion and sound sensors, infrared capabilities, an internal comlink with his ship (the Slave I), and a broad-band antenna for intercepting and decoding transmissions; wrist gauntlets that house lasers, a miniature flame projector, and a fibercord whip/grappling device; a back-pack jet pack with a turbo-projected magnetic grappling hook with a 20-meter lanyard; knee-pad rocket dart launchers, spiked boots, a concussion grenade launcher and a BlasTech EE-3 rifle. Braided Wookiee scalps hang over his right shoulder.

Fett has worked on retainer for Jabba the Hutt as well as for the Empire. He is methodical in his tracking. While he doesn't seem to hold grudges against his prey, that may be because he rarely loses his quarry. After the Battle of Hoth, Darth Vader summons Fett along with five other bounty hunters and offers a huge bounty for Han Solo. Fett succeeds in tracking the Millennium Falcon to the Bespin system, and he helps Vader capture Solo, and then brings the onetime smuggler - frozen in carbonite - to Jabba the Hutt. In a fight with Solo's friends atop the Great Pit of Carkoon, Fett falls into the mouth of the monstrous Sarlacc, to be digested over a period of a thousand years. Or is he?

i used to go by Jedi; but thats a little over used. Boba Fett is over used too so i add the CellCloneClan designation to it to get:

Resident Star Wars Expert of The
Lounge

Posts: 1795 | From: Spring Valley, Illinois, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cyborg6
Sarge
Member # 1382

posted 06-27-1999 09:06 PM     Profile for Cyborg6   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I loved that Cyborg skin that came out with v3.20 and 6 is a interesting number that seems to keep showing up when I role the dice. I think it has something to do with balance and the forces of good and evil but haven't mastered the equation yet!

If you believe the above you don't know that I am full of sh*t most of the time. I think the truth is that when I tried to register Cyborg@hotbot.com they said it was taken and gave me Cyborg6@Hotbot.com

JoJo~ I met Neil Pert from Rush and he signed my Vic Firth sticks when I was young. I used to be able to play along with any Rush tune on my beat up drum set. Those where the dayz! =)

You got a problem with that!

Jesper
Visor
Member # 221

Rate Member

posted 06-27-1999 09:55 PM     Profile for Jesper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey ya'll, interesting names... babob that was a very clever Idea of yours I wish i thought of it cause its been fun hearing all these names.... my name... its just a name i started using for games i used to play on the old sega genesis and other stuff... then when i got online I made webpages and played games and did chats under that handle... it kinda caught on for me and i found out it was a real name... its danish and french... makes me mad sometimes cuase i got to registar for something and Jesper is taken but hey hehe it was an original thought... at least i thought so... I guess its not really an interesting story behind the name but I rather replyed just to say i thought this was a cool idea
[HH]Ghost
Sarge
Member # 217

Rate Member

posted 06-28-1999 02:55 AM     Profile for [HH]Ghost   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I'm dead, so...you know, it's only appropriate...

anyway, I kept getting called a ghost for all kinds of different reasons. One time I was playing a friend in something or other and was able to pull a sneak attack. I got up above him on a ledge and then suddenly fell down right in front of him with guns blazing. Scared the crap out of him, so I said "boo." He said, "what are you, a ghost?"

case number 2: I had a T1 connection for a while but now it's gone =( I was playing an HPB and he said I kept flickering across the screen like a ghost...

number 3: a dude was chasing me in a game and I ran out of ammo =( I did the best I could to escape, but he was starting to really hurt me. I guess there was a flaw in the map or something, but out of nowhere I fell through the floor into the lower level. He said he saw me disappear into thin air...

Now that I'm an HPB I get slaughtered more often than not. That's why I'm dead...and therefore I'm a ghost.

the HH is because "ghost" was taken already, and I'm the webmaster for the Haunted House.

Ghost
Server Reviews at the Haunted House.
http://www.quakefiles.com/hauntedhouse

Posts: 63 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
[BeN]
Visor
Member # 236

Rate Member

posted 06-28-1999 04:00 PM     Profile for [BeN]     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
im kinda stupid so i find a cool nickname or something so i just used the short fore my name
Posts: 13 | From: plantagenet,ont,canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
[BeN]
Visor
Member # 236

Rate Member

posted 06-28-1999 04:03 PM     Profile for [BeN]     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ooops !!!!i ment
im kinda stupid so i wasnt able to find a cool nickname or something so i just used the short fore my name
oh! and everybody call me Ben even my teachers at school

Posts: 13 | From: plantagenet,ont,canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ms.Bigglesworth
Visor
Member # 282

Rate Member

posted 07-04-1999 12:15 AM     Profile for Ms.Bigglesworth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My name comes from the Austin Powers movies (of course). And I had to use "Ms." cause I'm a girl. So there! That was easy enough

=)

-Kim

Hobbes
Sarge
Member # 196

Rate Member

posted 07-04-1999 01:01 AM     Profile for Hobbes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My name is Hobbes, as in Calvin and Hobbes.

Posts: 85 | From: Culpeper, VA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Urgefor
Visor
Member # 279

Rate Member

posted 07-04-1999 01:51 PM     Profile for Urgefor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A good generic all around name. Fits almost any situation. And since Kraven seemed to be a bit to popular in my book, was a perfect offshoot. Quite versatile: Urgefor: real net connect, more food, fraggin good time... U get da idea
Lightning443
Sarge
Member # 289

Rate Member

posted 07-05-1999 04:05 AM     Profile for Lightning443     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, yah, yah.......

Lightning

Babob@PLAY!
Sarge
Member # 92

Member Rated:

posted 07-14-1999 11:55 PM     Profile for Babob@PLAY!     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now that the raigun BS is over, let's hear some more! Also, would one of you Admin's please remove the Lightning 443 reply from this post. Thanks,

WhatEver
Sarge
Member # 325

Rate Member

posted 07-15-1999 09:59 AM     Profile for WhatEver   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My name is pretty plain and simple. here's the story(of a man named Brady). Once apon a time... I needed a screen name, I had so many screen names before this and I was just tired of them, and tired of coming up with screen names, so I said to myself "whatever". Then I said to myself "THAT'S IT". From then on I've used the name WhatEver. I capitolized the 'W' and 'E' to make it pretty, and also because I'm a programmer.

Someone that I know still remembers me as "Fuzzy Bunny". My screen name at the time was WhatEver but he saw the name Fuzzy Bunny first. Why Fuzzy Bunny you ask, it was a name in Diablo. I wanted pk's to attack me so I could obliterate them with my "Ramonds Diablo Hack". Guess what, it didn't work. The people in there actually treated me with more respect.

Uh oh. I've brought up Diablo in a Quake forum. Now everyone is going to gang up on me and beat me until I'm a bloody pulp. Maybe if Asmodean could find it in his heart to forgive me for my ill-use of this forum that he could persuade the angry mob from killing me.

WhatEver

Posts: 280 | From: California | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zundfolge
Visor
Member # 75

Rate Member

posted 07-15-1999 06:00 PM     Profile for Zundfolge   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Zundfolge is German for 'firing order', I used to use the name Zundfolge 1-4-3-2 but shortened it up (BTW. 1-4-3-2 is the firing order of the motor in my '70 914 Porsche)

I started using the name because I was tired of using names in Q1 that other people used, so one evening when working on my car (at the time I had a beat-up '76 BMW 2002) I saw the word on the valve cover and thought it sounded neeto. I've always owned German cars (and even used to work on them for a living, now I'm a graphic designer. What a long strange trip it's been) so I thought the name was good for me.

Posts: 30 | From: Wichita, Kansas USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
paladin
Sarge
Member # 230

Rate Member

posted 07-15-1999 10:44 PM     Profile for paladin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
from my ad&d days.....its not just a name, its a way of life....
Posts: 144 | From: sacramento, ca usa | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bael
Sarge
Member # 283

Rate Member

posted 07-15-1999 10:45 PM     Profile for Bael   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I first started using this name on a local MUD, as one of my characters. Since then I've used it for nearly everything I do that requires a nick of some type.

I thought I had managed to create a somewhat original name when I first started using it, but one of my friend informed me this name was also used in Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series of books. *shrug*

Posts: 251 | From: Knoxville | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com