Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » An experiment for the Redditors: /r/Q3ArenaDotCom

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An experiment for the Redditors: /r/Q3ArenaDotCom
Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2015 01:05 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reading another post got me thinking. This site is one of the oldest somewhat active gaming communities on the Internet, and yet its slowed to a crawl because nobody has time to visit it anymore. Reddit, on the other hand, is freaking HUGE and lots of people visit it every day anyway.

So, I set up a new version of The Lounge on Reddit. If this site ever goes down, you can find it at www.reddit.com/r/q3arenadotcom. And if you're already a Redditor, you can subscribe to the Reddit to easily keep in contact with everyone else.

If you know any other old Q3Arena.Com posters who don't follow the board any longer, feel free to forward the subreddit address on to them. While I've been more of a "Read every two months, post every two years" member for the past decade, I'd still like to help keep this community from dying.

Of course, if you think it's a stupid idea, you can post that here too. I won't hold it against you

--------------------

Posts: 928 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 02-04-2015 01:07 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If there's any interest in using the subreddit, I'll customize it to make it look a bit more like this site. Make it feel a bit more like "home"

[ 02-04-2015: Message edited by: Drako ]

--------------------

Posts: 928 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 02-06-2015 04:54 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great idea Drako. I'll try and remember to keep stopping by every now and then to bump this thread. Anyone who sees it should post just 1 comment on the sub just to identify yourself. I don't see this place going anywhere (I think Bini would give me a heads up if that's the case), but it is a good idea to plan a "just-in-case".
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com