next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Quake2World is here

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quake2World is here
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 04-17-2012 02:30 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My pet project for the past 5 years (off and on) is finally in beta:
http://quake2world.net

I'd love to play it with you guys.. let me know if you're interested, and/or pop into the game's IRC channel: #quetoo on irc.freenode.net.

--------------------

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 04-18-2012 05:28 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh snap. When I'm actually home, I'll have to dig up my Q2 disc to try this out.
Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 04-23-2012 12:36 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Q2 disc required, homie. It's a 100% free, standalone game.

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 04-25-2012 12:33 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did actually try it out a couple of days ago and noticed it didn't need the Q2 disc, pretty sweet!

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the client to connect to any servers.

RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 04-25-2012 11:12 PM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You ran the Updater, right? The snapshot that you download is only a couple MB. You have to run Update.exe to pull down the latest executables and game data.

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 04-30-2012 05:07 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, ran the Updater but still no go. I'll run the Updater again and will let you know.
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 05-01-2012 08:34 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Will totally check it out J.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 05-01-2012 08:06 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK, got it to server without a hitch after running another Update. Unfortunately no one was on.

But I did give it a run around on the different maps. Wish the one server running Edge wasn't in spectator mode. Engine looks awesome, I didn't see any glaring bugs.

Only observations I made were the physics seem like they came more from Q3A than Q2. And I did notice that it has the Q3A gun set instead of Q2's.

So you're trying to make a hybrid of the two, or this is just a proof of concept? Excellent job either way, very impressive.

Oh, and get someone to map up Quake DM3 "Abandoned Base" on this bitch. I can't believe to this day how that map hasn't been remade. It's like no one wants to mess with its greatness.

[ 05-01-2012: Message edited by: GFKiller ]

grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 05-30-2012 12:18 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I downloaded it and ran the updater.

It looks great!

The lightning gun is wicked.

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 06-24-2012 04:55 AM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks good. Unfortunately, DSL on base gives me 200+ pings everywhere. Its a terrible internet connection (capped @ 1mpbs, and its very inconsistent).

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com