Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Congrats Raverboy/Notch!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Congrats Raverboy/Notch!
Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 11-15-2011 03:10 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know how often you check this board anymore, but I saw the article on Slashdot about Minecraft finally being done and wanted to offer my congrats! Great game, and totally worth the effort!

I also wanted to mention that I've been doing preliminary work on a new video game myself, after 15 years of programming boring utility and video processing applications. I used to think that it was a waste of time to try and compete with the mega-budget big gaming companies, but your success with Mojang has been a bit of an inspiration. If you can do it, I can do it

Awesome job, man!

--------------------

Posts: 928 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 11-18-2011 06:43 AM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's fantastic news Drako!

I too am thinking of programming a game... no preliminary work yet but the thought process has started!

Thanks for the inspiration Raverboy

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 11-23-2011 08:40 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The hard part tends to be moving past the "thought" part and into the "creating" part. Nearly as hard is finding others willing to work on it with you. I've recently started work on the game core, and am hoping to have a "walk around and bump things" demo working soon. I also have a rather brilliant local fantasy writer who has expressed interest in taking my core idea and writing a proper storyline for the game, but he doesn't want to start until he can see something tangible. I have two other programmers and a graphics artist who have said the same thing...they'd love to help, but don't want to waste any effort on it until they can see something actually working, to make sure they aren't wasting their time.

When you tell people "I have no money to pay you, but I can give you an ownership stake", they're naturally leery

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 11-29-2011 06:14 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DRAKO!!!!!!!

What's up dude!!

And ditto on the congrats due to Raver!

Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 11-30-2011 04:18 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Think I said it before but for sure gratz to Rvr and [R]ailgun

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 12-02-2011 01:40 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
holy shit. i never saw the guy's name that made this, or else i would've instantly recognized him as mrksboy.
Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 12-08-2011 05:13 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
N'much man. How's it going?

--------------------

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com