next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Minecraft

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Minecraft
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 09-21-2010 05:21 PM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raver - this is by you, right?
http://minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page

Posts: 1966 | From: Norway | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wolfie
Sarge
Member # 1698

Member Rated:

posted 09-21-2010 06:52 PM     Profile for Wolfie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hah, I was playing with that today! Unfortunately the same old problem - got motion sick.

--------------------

Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-grumble song,
Whistle through your comb.
Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before.
-Put Something In, Shel Silverstein

Posts: 786 | From: Cold place that rains all the time | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBiTcH
Sarge
Member # 66

Member Rated:

posted 09-23-2010 08:18 AM     Profile for RoGuEBiTcH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm 99% sure that it is our little RaverBoy. He's also becoming tremendously wealthy, if he played his cards right. The game is grossing $250,000 per day in sales.
http://texyt.com/minecraft+persson+notch+indie+game+success+00127

Congrats rvr!

--------------------

http://quake2world.net

Posts: 3123 | From: Naples, FL | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 09-24-2010 02:21 PM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good for him!

[ 09-24-2010: Message edited by: Rivendell ]

Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 09-24-2010 02:25 PM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, I'm now 100 % sure.

quote:
I also make music under the name Markus Alexei. It's electronica, and releases are very far apart.

I still have some of his tunes somewhere

Congrats Raver!

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 09-29-2010 03:53 AM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi, guys! =D

It's kind of sad that I've lost contact with most people on here. Me and FS still speak regularely and meet about once per year or so, but I have no idea where Xanthan is, and I really miss having mansex with RoGuEBiTcH.

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2010 12:51 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi rvr - congrats on teh lego game.
Tell FS I said hi.

--------------------

Posts: 5571 | From: Yes | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 09-29-2010 02:57 PM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
totallynotaffiliatedwithlego

HI CACOPHONOUS!

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

RaverBoy
Sarge
Member # 119

Rate Member

posted 09-29-2010 02:58 PM     Profile for RaverBoy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FS says hi back!

--------------------

No more annoying sig! =D

Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2010 09:08 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats on the game.

And I forgot all about Xanthan. Isn't that guy from WV too?

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2010 10:23 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had no idea you were involved with MindCraft Raver, I'll definitely have to check this out. Congrats on the success!
Posts: 1761 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2010 10:31 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BTW, any plans to port this to a Mobile platform in the future (either iOS or Android?)
WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 10-05-2010 11:14 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome. Way to go, rvr. I gotta try that out sometime.

In the meantime, I just happened to see this on break today and was immediately ecstatic that I had happened to see this thread a couple days ago. You've probably already seen it, but if not, it should be good for some lulz.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 10-13-2010 12:09 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I did not realize that was you, Rvr.
Congrats - it's a really awesome game.

[ 10-13-2010: Message edited by: J0SH ]

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
J0SH
Sarge
Member # 103

Rate Member

posted 10-13-2010 12:14 PM     Profile for J0SH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Android port?

cough* http://www.q3arena.com/resources/UltimateBB/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=007648

Not sure how plausible it would be on a mobile device though - have you seen how freakin' huge the worlds are in minecraft?

--------------------

I am.

Posts: 1591 | From: buffalo new york | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2010 02:18 PM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats Rvr, and say hi to FS for me. I haven't seen that guy in ages.

Yeah. . . android port

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Acid
Sarge
Member # 758

Member Rated:

posted 10-17-2010 07:13 PM     Profile for Acid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Every game should be ported to Android. I can't believe how awesome this OS is.
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 10-29-2010 02:41 AM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Way to go RVR!!

I love success stories. It is an honor to have you here with us.

Happy trick o' treatin fellas!

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 11-10-2010 04:10 PM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

[ 11-10-2010: Message edited by: Rivendell ]

Fuze
Sarge
Member # 45

Rate Member

posted 12-31-2010 12:24 PM     Profile for Fuze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent work RaverBoy!!!
A warm hello to FS from the left coast =)

I have a Minecraft addict in the house here and they are always building cool stuff and seeing what is coming out of the community. Amazing stuff.

Holy cow, and hello to all of the old school.
Best of wishes in the new year to come.

~wank on~

--------------------

Wanker Extrodinare

Posts: 1350 | From: British Columbia (not England or South America) | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-13-2011 02:04 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 01-14-2011 04:23 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Holy hell look at all these names! Fuze...Cac..Riv..Bitch..willyT..I remember getting spanked by raverboy in quake2 before he became famous Heck I remember getting spanked in q2 by all you fuckers before he became famous.
Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 01-15-2011 11:50 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sure I ever spanked anyone. In q2 anyway.

Hi Outrider!!!

--------------------

Fuze
Sarge
Member # 45

Rate Member

posted 01-19-2011 09:47 PM     Profile for Fuze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey! Outtie said fuckers!

can I get him banned now once and for all?

If I remember correctly...*insert dream sequence*

Outrider was railed by Cacophonous, Raverboy does a backflip into the lava
RogueBitch cuts some speakerholes

all is normal.

as you were.

=)

the world has changed, we are still I

--------------------

Wanker Extrodinare

Posts: 1350 | From: British Columbia (not England or South America) | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 01-24-2011 09:47 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Speak of the Devil:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/21/kinect-meets-minecraft-animates-a-giant-statue-in-your-honor-v/

TheKiller
Sarge
Member # 890

Member Rated:

posted 02-01-2011 12:57 PM     Profile for TheKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys!

OMG Really Raver? You? Congrats!

--------------------

Talk is cheap, so is my signature.

Posts: 1723 | From: Gibsons, BC, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 02-22-2011 03:38 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
rvrview

[ 02-22-2011: Message edited by: Cacophonous ]

--------------------

GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 02-23-2011 03:50 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So Raver, are you in this documentary:
http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/21/minecraft-documentary-gets-a-20-minute-preview-needs-you-to-chi/

And get that iOS port out already!

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 02-24-2011 12:44 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The documentary music sounds very familar. Love the big table with everyone facing each other. I'm in a 5 guy MIS/IT office but we are in cubes all facing same direction. Markus rocks. We don't have a window so we never get to see guys break ice with sledge hammers. Man those carrot cake cupcakes looks awesome. I am totally going to get 'my' Marcus to play Minecraft. At age 3 he already plays WOW pretty good. Well good enough to Farm gold. I want some Swedish black salty fish!

--------------------

Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 02-24-2011 12:47 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok nm music credits at end.

--------------------

Jarlaxle
Sarge
Member # 11

Rate Member

posted 06-30-2011 09:57 PM     Profile for Jarlaxle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats Raverboy... what's the lame new handle tho you crazy svede :P

--------------------

=[R]=Ian=

Posts: 1732 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
outrider
Sarge
Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted 07-08-2011 11:28 PM     Profile for outrider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jaraxle...now all the guys who spanked me down in 1999 are here!

Fuze...shot any moose lately?

Cac...have you overclocked your 300a into a bulldozer yet?

Posts: 2426 | From: nc | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 07-12-2011 08:51 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm addicted to watching youtube minecraft vids!

cheers!

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 07-15-2011 12:30 PM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Outtie,

I think I was the worst Q2 player of the group.

The only game I play these days is WoW and luckily due to the old graphics engine it will run great on a 300a. Heck it will run on a printer display.

--------------------

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 08-09-2011 11:36 AM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahahahaha! Ahoy everyone!

I was just browsing through my newsfeed, saw something about Minecraft and thought I recognized that name. Congrats rvr!!!!

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Cacophonous
Sarge
Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted 08-11-2011 08:12 AM     Profile for Cacophonous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Once a pirate... Always a...

--------------------

Scooby
Sarge
Member # 329

Rate Member

posted 08-15-2011 07:38 PM     Profile for Scooby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Less pirates, more circus these days -- joined a troupe (Juggling, yo-yoing, things with fire, etc. etc. ) -- but linguistic habits die hard.

Posts: 2802 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rivendell
Sarge
Member # 148

Member Rated:

posted 08-18-2011 09:12 AM     Profile for Rivendell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now he's challenging Bethesda...
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/9038258448/hey-bethesda-lets-settle-this

WillyTrombone
Sarge
Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted 09-04-2011 09:36 PM     Profile for WillyTrombone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yo, rvr. A buddy of mine finally got me try this thing out and I just wanted to say I think I hate you. I was going to get stuff done this weekend. It's labor day. It's one of my half a dozen 3 day weekends and I've been sitting in front of this stupid computer trying to dick up enough rock to build my keep on a desolate little cliff. Dick.

Also, try using the seed: Rvrboy

It makes some amazing cliffs, crazy dense forests, and great overhangs. Not much in the way of caves I've found yet, but I've been spending most of time above ground so far just enjoying the landscapes.

--------------------

signature

Posts: 2844 | From: the edge of forever | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Tea Bagger
Sarge
Member # 97

Member Rated:

posted 09-18-2012 11:21 AM     Profile for Tea Bagger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My kids are totally addicted to this game. The music makes me want to nap though. Thanks RaverFella.
Posts: 1320 | From: IP: Logged | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 09-29-2012 05:17 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
holy fuck.

I have known that Minecraft was rvr's work for a while now (I recognized the name Markus Persson instantly, you little Swedish bastard).

When anyone mentions Minecraft or even Java, I fucking namedrop. Like 'dude, I totally used to play Quake with that guy. Swedish bastard.'

But no, the 'holy fuck' is in regards to not having even visited here since before this thread was created.

I thought of here because I had PM'd RagingBITCH over at the AT forums to see if he even remembered me. I've posted off/on there but am currently active under my now-well-established gaming handle of 'phucheneh'...

...which I only realized after PM'ing RB, I fuckin' stole. It was 'Phucen ey,' right?

Xbox Live apparently banned 'phuch' at some point (hooray I do make a difference in the world) and now it's phuhkeneh on there.

It's funny hearing people call you 'pahkookenenuck' or some retarded shit. Un-phonetic bastards.

Swedish bastards.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 10-01-2012 02:34 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AT forums? There's another hangout still alive?
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 10-02-2012 05:28 AM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
in order:

Anandtech; no.

Their OT is nazi as shit and full of retards, we were just both posting in the garage forum.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com