Click Here

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  :[ Q3Arena.com Message Board ]:   » The Lounge   » Who'd be a cop?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who'd be a cop?
Mad Max
Sarge
Member # 622

Member Rated:

posted 08-31-2006 02:42 AM     Profile for Mad Max   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know how you get to surfing around the net late at night and you jump from one site to the next? Well the story of the Black Dahlia is one that has interested me for a while and I was reading a little about the new movie that is coming out next month. So I Google the Black Dahlia to see what's new and stumble on a site of crime scene photos. I scrolled down the page and saw Jeffrey Dahmer's name with some pictures. I click on one image of what can only be described as "half a man". The whole body was there (well, maybe the head wasn't?), it was just missing half the flesh. Sent a shivver up and down my spine and basically spooked the hell out of me. I used to read true crime books and his name came up a lot. I recall reading something about the investigators needing counselling after what they discovered in Dahmer's apartment. I am sure seeing what I saw in real life must be pretty disgusting.

Does anyone here think they could do that kinda work? I'm sure paramedics have to deal with awful stuff all the time as well as fire fighters, soldiers, etc. Maybe you get used to it but I think it would freak me out and give me nightmares.

I would go to bed now but the house is dark and I'm kinda glued to the screen now.

--------------------

Miss you guys.

AcidWarp
Sarge
Member # 997

Member Rated:

posted 08-31-2006 03:35 AM     Profile for AcidWarp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know about anyone else here, but I've looked a dying/dead man in the eyes. I could do it, but I think that aspect of it would lead me into some counseling. I'd be in it, more for the chase and challenge of solving the crime. I could do consulting detective work I think.

[ 08-31-2006: Message edited by: AcidWarp ]

--------------------

“I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.”

“Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”

--Dr. Stephen Hawking.

Posts: 4363 | From: Waterloo, Ontario | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-01-2006 01:49 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I could end up as a cop someday. Studying Criminal Justice at school right now, who knows.
Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2006 03:26 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
if you become a cop, i'm driving out there and kicking the fuck out of you.
Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
grumpy
Sarge
Member # 1912

Member Rated:

posted 09-01-2006 06:11 PM     Profile for grumpy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i fuckin hate cops

firefighters though. . . they are the ownage

--------------------

Posts: 1561 | From: girls! computers, drinking, partying | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
mynameisxanthan
Sarge
Member # 3045

Rate Member

posted 09-04-2006 04:35 PM     Profile for mynameisxanthan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
if you become a cop, i'm driving out there and kicking the fuck out of you.

I'll tazer you first!

Posts: 1148 | From: in your pants | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 09-05-2006 02:57 PM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only way I'd be a cop is if I was a dirty cop. Nothing like free bribes and drugs. Muhahahahahhaha!
Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
RoGuEBoB
Sarge
Member # 32

Rate Member

posted 09-05-2006 03:29 PM     Profile for RoGuEBoB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's a good job - i like it

--------------------

i like the x

Posts: 607 | From: MA, USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
Drako
Sarge
Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted 09-05-2006 08:57 PM     Profile for Drako   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, no, no. First off, I can barely stand to change a diaper. Crap like that would have me heaving in a corner for hours.

Beyond that, I have a friend who is a deputy with our local sheriff's department and I've heard enough stories to know that the job wouldn't interest me. I'd be too tempted to shoot half the idiots he gets to deal with

--------------------

Posts: 931 | From: Northern California | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged
burble
Sarge
Member # 1190

Member Rated:

posted 09-05-2006 11:25 PM     Profile for burble   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i thought about being a firefighter.

or a cowboy astronaut.

Posts: 528 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
GFKiller
The Man
Member # 2

Member Rated:

posted 09-06-2006 11:14 AM     Profile for GFKiller   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by burble:
i thought about being a firefighter.

or a cowboy astronaut.

I thought the proper term was "Space Cowboy."

Posts: 1762 | From: Staten Island, NY | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Q3Arena.Com